24 September 2011

My shawl is traveling

...but I'm staying home!

Some months ago, Knit Culture Studio asked several designers if we wanted to debut a new design in their booth at Vogue Knitting Live in Los Angeles. Yes! What fun! So I designed the Buttonwillow Wrap, and then I had to keep quiet about it and not show anyone. That's always the most difficult part of what I do! But now that VKL is actually starting, I can show you all (even though I can't sell it online until October 11)!

Buttonwillow is knit in Road to China Light at a tighter gauge than I generally use for shawls.
The idea was to get the texture to pop. Usually my small shawls have some lace, but this one is all soft texture.
I think my favorite part is the spine. I love the little twist in there that keeps it interesting.
And there's the textured edging.
It is super easy to alter the size by changing the number of chart repeats.
So if you are at VKL this weekend, I hope you'll stop by the Knit Culture booth and see Buttonwillow in person! Now I'm off to my knitting group. I'll be working on my second Buttonwillow. :)

Labels:

16 Comments:

Anonymous ThatCleverClementine (aka "Mom") said...

How lovely that is! I love the texture, and the edging is charming.

10:23 AM  
Blogger Gale Bulkley said...

It is so very, very beautiful. Congratulations!

1:19 PM  
Blogger Amanda said...

Absolutely gorgeous! I can't wait until you're able to sell it...

2:38 PM  
Anonymous twinsetellen said...

Sweet shawl! I love the texture work - it is intricate without being fussy.

3:23 PM  
Blogger Valéria Garcia said...

Simply gorgeous!

4:56 PM  
Blogger Jeanne said...

♥ That is all.

7:31 PM  
Blogger Rainyt said...

Just spectacular!

8:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very pretty! And that yarn color is amazing. Love this!

8:02 AM  
Blogger evie said...

It will be on my to-do list.

9:28 AM  
Blogger Jasmin said...

How are you so brilliant?! Queueing now...

12:49 PM  
Blogger Birdsong said...

Congratulations! That's my birthday and I just might have to buy myself the pattern as a present. I love the textural nature of the design and want to know where the name came from.

6:54 PM  
Anonymous Kim said...

SO pretty!! I think I may have to knit this one over the winter....beeutiful!

6:59 PM  
Blogger pearl said...

this is so very loverly, Romi! ♥

8:26 PM  
Blogger Alyssa said...

Oh, it's so gorgeous! I'm sure it got loads of compliments :)

8:14 AM  
Blogger Monika said...

I said this before with others, but I think this is my favorite shawl so far! I fell in love immediately. The spine is so lovely, and I like the border very much! I'm happy too, that I get to knit it with the yarn you used too.

12:10 PM  
Blogger Casi said...

You named it Buttonwillow after all! :D I love it, I think it's the perfect name.

Can't wait till it goes up for sale!

7:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home