07 September 2011

Credit where it's due

The other day, I collected a box from the post office, and then, in my hurry, I put it aside. Way led onto way and things were going kind of crazy. And I didn't open it until yesterday when I got back from a little road trip. And what do you think was there?! Jürgen, a very kind and generous spindler in my Ravelry forum had sent me a lovely little spindle!
Isn't it pretty? The wood is stunning.
It's absolutely perfect for lace weight spinning.
So of course I had to try it out with the little puff that came with it. What a joy! Thank you so much Jürgen! What a wonderful surprise.

There were a few packages waiting upon my return actually, including a fun little reprint that Franklin wrote about here. Here's the title page.
And the cover. Notice the problem?
Really?! I seriously doubt that Mr. George Cupples was a knitter. And I also really don't think that getting the author correct is too much to ask of the re-printer(s). Sharpie to the rescue.
I'm sure Mrs. George is resting easier now. :)

In other news, I recorded a very rough video the other day to assist people in my Ravelry forum with the Kleio braids. (btw, I have to show you what Jeanne posted the other day in the Ravelry forum:

Cute, eh? Woooooot!!)

I'll warn you ahead of time that this is not a production masterpiece, but it does get better as it goes along. And I think it might actually help those of you struggling with the braids.

I do still want to replace it with a better version, and I can't wait to show you the results of the cool video system Mr. Romi said he'd use on me!

And did I mention there's a little secret project to be debuted at KnitCulture's Vogue Knitting Live booth later this month? Here's their designer profile of me on the Knitculture blog. I'm looking forward to coming clean to you all and showing the pics. :)

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Jeanne said...

How sweet of Jürgen! He's the best! You're getting all KINDS of lovely gifts aren't you? You deserve them all and more!

4:51 AM  
Anonymous Therese said...

What a lovely spindle!

9:06 AM  
Blogger Spinfoolish said...

Wow, that spindle is a beauty, and the wood is delicious!

7:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home