25 August 2011

Where did it all go?

The year, I mean. Wow, has it ever flown by! And I am joined in that opinion by the two youngest members of the household. The ones for whom time generally passes very slowly.

Anyway, I thought I'd show you the July shipment from my Pins & Lace Club! (btw, things will be changing a little for the club in the coming year and I think you'll love the new format!) The July theme was summertime, and the shawl is designed to echo the shape and color of a slice of watermelon, complete with seeds (beads).
Meet Katanya, a variety of heirloom watermelon.
She is a generous semi circle.
And she is knit with Lisa Souza's lovely merino lace yarn, in a shade she dyed up especially for me: Ripe Watermelon.
I really love the way she wraps around the shoulders.
One of my intrepid and blindingly fast test knitters has some great full pictures of her here.

I also dreamed up a new type of pin (for me, at least) that is based on a twisting vine.
I really love this design, and I think you will be seeing more of this type of pin in my shop soon! I am really loving the one piece pins lately. This one twists in,
and around,
and the ends sit flat with the center curly part gripping the knitted piece.
{The fine print: pin and pattern are not available to the the public yet.}

I get to reveal my secret project soon. I can't wait to show you! All I can say is this: I am thrilled that I will be getting this one back. Stay tuned!

Labels:

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anniebeeknits said...

WHOA. I love the new pin! The scarf too, but that pin... I'm in lust. Gorgeous!

6:00 AM  
Blogger Jeanne said...

Can't wait to see your secret project! They are always so much fun! And I'm so glad you're getting this one back!

10:39 AM  
Blogger Spinfoolish said...

Wow! Love that pin! I have quite a few earrings that twist in like that, can't wait to beta pin that matches!!! Lovely!!

7:09 AM  
Anonymous Jeanne said...

I just finished mine... I love it, but I have yet to figure out how to wear any of the beautiful shawls in the club - with what, so I look hip and cool, not like a slightly overweight, middle-aged woman (like I am). I keep looking at your "how to wear" tab longingly.

7:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home