31 August 2011

A ripping time of it

I was flying along on Muse 2, really I was. I loved the cable down the middle back (you can see it below across the bottom of the picture). What I didn't love was the shoulder cable detail. I had mirrored the mock cable that edges the shawl, but I surrounded it with yarn overs. And I was not loving the look. So I decided to do a little test; my favorite swatch on the shawl move.
At the bottom, you can see the original treatment. It looked too messy. So I tried knitting the increased sts through the back loop. A little better, but still not perfect. I then moved to M1 increase using a twisted lifted bar. Better, but didn't pop enough. The mock cable stitch I used has a yarn over on one side and I really wanted to set off the other side to make the cable pop without losing the asymmetry. So I tried M1 purl increases. Yes. That was it!
You know what's next. Right?
And yes. I may be just a tad obsessive, now that you ask.

And in other news? Kleio - Muse #1 - is out! I will be having a little bit of a tutorial here soon, so watch for it!
Happy knitting, everyone!

Labels:

9 Comments:

Blogger Phyllis said...

Wow that is beautiful and so is your new pattern. I'm going to have to purchase this 2nd year collection now!! Cheers from Sonoma (city)

11:26 PM  
Blogger Karen S, Lykkefanten said...

beautiful!

1:22 AM  
Blogger Anita Figueras said...

You may think you're a bit OC when it comes to details like just which increase you use, but the attention to detail is what makes your patterns work. I noticed, for example, how you used twisted stitches in Sakaki to create tidy edges. This knitter appreciates the care you take with the small things.

4:32 AM  
Blogger norabrown said...

:) I love that you put so much thought into your patterns. That's why they are a favorite with so many!!!

Can't wait to see what you end up with on Muse #2!

5:30 AM  
Blogger Oneday Designs said...

So happy that I purchased year 2. I love the first muse - she is so beautiful. As always I am looking forward to receiving the next one. Keep up the good work.

5:42 AM  
Blogger Jeanne said...

I just love watching you design♄

1:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm hoping it's a tutorial on short rows. . .yay, a new technique to work one of your awesome patterns!

4:49 PM  
Anonymous twinsetellen said...

This time I'm getting in at the get go - just purchased the pattern set and will look forward to the new releases with great anticipation. This first one is just lovely!

8:56 PM  
Blogger Cathy-Cate said...

We love your obsessiveness, Romi!
And I can empathize, too....

4:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home