31 August 2011

A ripping time of it

I was flying along on Muse 2, really I was. I loved the cable down the middle back (you can see it below across the bottom of the picture). What I didn't love was the shoulder cable detail. I had mirrored the mock cable that edges the shawl, but I surrounded it with yarn overs. And I was not loving the look. So I decided to do a little test; my favorite swatch on the shawl move.
At the bottom, you can see the original treatment. It looked too messy. So I tried knitting the increased sts through the back loop. A little better, but still not perfect. I then moved to M1 increase using a twisted lifted bar. Better, but didn't pop enough. The mock cable stitch I used has a yarn over on one side and I really wanted to set off the other side to make the cable pop without losing the asymmetry. So I tried M1 purl increases. Yes. That was it!
You know what's next. Right?
And yes. I may be just a tad obsessive, now that you ask.

And in other news? Kleio - Muse #1 - is out! I will be having a little bit of a tutorial here soon, so watch for it!
Happy knitting, everyone!



Blogger Phyllis said...

Wow that is beautiful and so is your new pattern. I'm going to have to purchase this 2nd year collection now!! Cheers from Sonoma (city)

11:26 PM  
Blogger Karen S, Lykkefanten said...


1:22 AM  
Blogger scifiknitter said...

You may think you're a bit OC when it comes to details like just which increase you use, but the attention to detail is what makes your patterns work. I noticed, for example, how you used twisted stitches in Sakaki to create tidy edges. This knitter appreciates the care you take with the small things.

4:32 AM  
Blogger norabrown said...

:) I love that you put so much thought into your patterns. That's why they are a favorite with so many!!!

Can't wait to see what you end up with on Muse #2!

5:30 AM  
Blogger Oneday Designs said...

So happy that I purchased year 2. I love the first muse - she is so beautiful. As always I am looking forward to receiving the next one. Keep up the good work.

5:42 AM  
Blogger Jeanne said...

I just love watching you design♄

1:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm hoping it's a tutorial on short rows. . .yay, a new technique to work one of your awesome patterns!

4:49 PM  
Anonymous twinsetellen said...

This time I'm getting in at the get go - just purchased the pattern set and will look forward to the new releases with great anticipation. This first one is just lovely!

8:56 PM  
Blogger Cathy-Cate said...

We love your obsessiveness, Romi!
And I can empathize, too....

4:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home