07 June 2011

Decadent

(Heh. I began this post 2 days ago! I'm finally having a moment to finish it on the airporter going to SFO. On the way to TNNA! Yay for WiFi!)

I am feeling decidedly decadent. My last small project for the eBook is being tested and I am so excited! It is knit from the most incredibly soft yarn ever. OMG. When I met Iris Schreier of ArtYarns at TNNA Long Beach, I had no idea she would rock my world! But she, or rather her cashmere sock yarn, did. I can't even begin to tell you how soft this stuff is. It is a dream to work with and even better after it's been washed. Now it smells good too. It's my new blankie. :)

So. Wanna see?! Here is a sneak peek at the Merope cowl.
Up until yesterday, it was still cold enough to wear it!
It is the softest thing I have ever owned. It's perfectly decadent for that little extra warmth under a jacket.
I've been working on a second one along with my wonderful test knitters. This one is in Road to China Light. It has almost exactly the same yardage per gram, but is a thinner yarn. That's because most of this yarn is alpaca, which is a heavier fiber than cashmere. This is a lovely yarn as well. And, as you can see in the picture, we finally have sun! This makes me Very Happy. I was worried that we were getting too late a start on building an ark.
And speaking of eBooks....

I am planning a new eBook subscription! This past year was so much fun that I'm doing another. :) It will be available for purchase on June 15th. And even better? Those of you who purchased the 7 Small Shawls eBook will get a coupon in your next update (the one with the Merope Cowl and Taygete's Spring Ascot) good for $4 off the new subscription through the end of June.

Since last year's theme was the Pleiades sisters, I decided to keep going along in that same vein. So this year? It's the muses! There are nine muses, and I want to do another 7 Small Shawls in this eBook (because I'm going for designing and knitting 11 in 2011), so seven muses will get small shawls and the other two will get accessories. As in this past subscription, there will be three accessory patterns extra in the book, but unlike last year, they will also be sold separately. All of my designing and knitting will be finished in 2011. When you purchase the eBook subscription, you will receive all of the patterns by June 15, 2012. Some will come to you in 2011, but not all.

I announced my news the other day on my Ravelry group and was so super excited at the great response that I was walking on air! So of course, I promptly pulled out bags of yarn to sort through for the projects.
Yummy, isn't it? I think these two lovelies from Sunshine Yarns may be the first muse.
Yep, a two color project! Of course, as soon as I had decided the yarns, I had a Very Good Mail Day.
Didi from Little Red Bicycle sent me some absolutely gorgeous goodies. Oooooooh precioussssssssssss.
I know that one or two of those are going to end up in the new eBook!

Well, that's it for now! I am off for TNNA in Columbus with a stop at Anne Hanson's. She has promised me fresh strawberry shortcake. As if it wasn't already wonderful enough to get to spend time with her! I am so lucky. :)

Labels: , ,

8 Comments:

Blogger Skylark said...

Love the cowl! Thanks for the extra pattern goodies. Safe journey!

9:11 AM  
Blogger momsue84 said...

Have a super time, Romi! Be safe and enjoy the strawberries. Take pics!!!

11:22 AM  
Blogger Dawna said...

The cowl is a beauty. I am in for the next ebook! I love it.

1:00 PM  
Anonymous Trista said...

I'm excited about the Merope cowl!
Also, your patterns are so creative and special that I would love to join you for another year of small shawls!

8:42 PM  
Blogger Gail said...

Beautiful cowl!!!

3:18 AM  
Blogger Lynne said...

I can't wait to knit the Merope Cowl. I bought Mongolian Cashmere in "Wasabi" (Green Rosemary!) Can't wait to show it to you. Have fun!

8:17 PM  
Blogger CeltChick said...

Yummy cowl! I am kicking myself for not signing up for the 1st e-book.

2:10 PM  
Blogger harriet said...

Looking forward to the cowl pattern. It's beautiful! So happy with this e-book.

2:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home