25 May 2011

Wherein Romi pets pretty yarnz

I know. It's been a long time again. I've been a bad bad blogger. But have accomplished much! Before we get to that, though, I still want to share my gorgeous yarnz from Yarnover.

First up? These lace weight beauties given to me by the lovely people at Sun Valley Fibers. I particularly favor the grey.
Can you see the purple streaks in the grey? I love these two together. They are yummy!
And this green loveliness is from Little Gidding Farm. 100% suri alpaca lace weight. It is the softest, most silky incredible skein of fluff! It is truly drool-worthy.
Here we have a wool and corn blend. Yes! Corn! From Corny Goodness. I love the way it feels. I saw a shawl sample and it knits up something like Shetland wool, but much less scratchy. I can't wait to play with it!
Here's the 100% corn. It feels a lot like a cotton. Perfect for spring or summer!
And then I pet the bunny. (Did you notice I was in a purple and grey mood?) These are angora/merino from Kimmet Croft. So soft! I really can't wait to try it. btw, the purple is pretty spot on, but the picture doesn't come close to doing the grey justice. I do love me some good grey.
Guess what? Alcyone is released!
And with her release, all of the ebook shawls are out! (I do have a couple of little extra accessory patterns that are going in too, though.)
While I was putting together the final final pattern, something that I had been awaiting with great anticipation came.
Look how shiny they are!
I love them. :) In fact, the last pair of cowboy boots I ordered (but for way less money than shown) are going back, because these are just so much more me!
So I had to put them on and wear them around. Especially during my little photo shoot.
I enjoyed my private joke.
I also sent out a secret project that I so wish I could share with you! But, sadly, you will have to wait until winter.

And my shop is back up!

More to come soon. :)

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Robingail said...

Thanks for showing us your YarnOver haul! I'm originally from Minneapolis, so it was fun to travel vicariously with you - glad it was such a great trip! I never heard of corn yarn - I'll be curious to check it out sometime...

And yes, those boots are Very Shiny! Did you click your heels together 3 times? There truly is no place like home, eh?

Robin

6:20 AM  
Blogger Allison said...

Oh MY, oh MY! So many pretties! I'm pretty partial to the grey with purple... kinda looks like my hair! LOL!!

(the boots are cute too! I do love a good red shoe!)

1:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been waiting so very patiently for Alcyone but she'll have to wait until I've finished Taygete and Sakaki!

Loving the shiny red boots - so perfect!

6:56 AM  
Blogger Karen said...

I love the new clip style pins!

12:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home