02 May 2011

Monday's Musing

"The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page." - St. Augustine

I'm back from teaching at Yarnover in Minneapolis! I admit to being a terrible hermit, tucked away in my little studio in wine country. I often have to force myself to travel, but I always always enjoy it. So much to see, so many new people to meet and old friends to hug once again!

I had a wonderful time, as I always do at Yarnover, and my only regret was not being able to have more time with the fabulous organizers, volunteers, members of my Ravelry group, and other teachers. I am so grateful for the time I was able to spend with them, though, and the ability finally to put names to faces and Ravatars, and hear people's voices. Are you like me? I always "hear" a voice when I am reading a message online, and now I can hear the real thing in my mind's ear. :)

I'll have a bit more later, but right now I'm off to do some catching up! Have a great week, everyone!

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Turtle said...

how fun! i tend to be a bit of a hermit myself! :)

12:53 PM  
Anonymous twinsetellen said...

I do love having a voice to go with the words. And yours is a lovely one to have in my mind as I read today's musing!

3:50 PM  
Anonymous dana said...

how did the swim meet go? did the bear miss your encouraging voice?

7:35 PM  
Blogger Cathy-Cate said...

Since you're musically inclined, i can see why you hear the voices! No, wait, that came out wrong. Anyway, me, I'm even more visual, so enjoyed getting to meet and SEE you as well! I'm selfishly glad you left your nest to visit, though I wish for your sake it had been another weekend....

11:12 PM  
Blogger Lynne said...

I always hear your voice when I'm reading your blog, it's funny I never thought about it before. Glad your back, see you soon. Hope the Bear had fun.

6:58 PM  
Blogger lv2knit said...

Loved you seeing you, Romi!! You bare becoming such a rock star in the knitting world!

5:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home