Mom's rules for life
Driving to the swim meet with sleeping kids and without adult conversation (Mr. Romi is away this weekend) gives one a lot of time to think. It was actually rather nice and peaceful. (Brrrrrrrr-sun just went behind a cloud). So I contemplated my rules of life and shared them with the boys when they awoke. They were unimpressed. It's always good to have kids around to keep you real, you know? But I think, just for fun, I will share them here anyway.
1. Figure out what you love to do and do it with abandon.
2. Work hard and play hard.
3. Never stop learning.
4. Strive for perfection and be happy with excellence.
5. It doesn't matter how many times you get knocked down, only that you get up one more time. (with thanks to Mr. Romi's dad)
6. Make the best of every situation. Look for opportunities everywhere, especially in failure.
7. No matter how you feel, always hold yourself like a winner.
8. Be excellent to each other. (with thanks to Bill and Ted)
9. Don't worry; be happy. (with thanks to Bobby McFerrin)
10. If something means a lot to you, never give up on it.
And there you go. Have a great one!
(I will post the chicken curry recipe this coming week)