06 April 2011

Talent in the family

Ok. So I don't have pics of the second Sakaki. This is because I forgot all about the annual swim team talent show this evening! But I do have the poems #1 Son wrote and read. I think they're pretty cool, especially considering he's only 11.

Mind Over Body

one shall prevail
with his mind
at ease.

one shall prevail
when he senses
victory.

one shall prevail
with determination
on his mind.

one shall prevail.
over body;
with mind.

And then he did this one, with a little tongue in cheek last bit to it. And yes, he was fully aware that it was kitchy and silly and in the running for a "worst line of the year" literature award. It was his little joke. Blew me completely away!

California Spring

in spring
the light of sun
bursts forth through stormy clouds
to shine upon the Earth
and make peace with the elements
to bring forth the buds
and spread joy and happiness
about to bless
the world with life

then wet the leaves
with dew
so that it may sparkle
in early morning light
like millions of mirrors
in the dressing rooms
of the ants

By the way, when I said he might play more to his audience by rhyming the poetry, he announced that it "wasn't his thing." :snork: 11 going on 30. Yessirree.

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

How fun! I can wait on Sakaki for this.... :-) Besides, I haven't finalized my yarn yet!

8:11 PM  
Blogger JelliDonut said...

Obviously, cleverness runs in the family!

10:08 PM  
Blogger Laurie said...

"In the dressing rooms of the ants"...I absolutely LOVE it!!

5:19 AM  
Blogger Lynne4444 said...

These are very good. I agree with #1 Son --rhyming isn't my thing either. It has its own time and place.

11:16 AM  
Blogger Linda Moore said...

That is indeed impressive for an 11-year old, bravo!

And I'm not a fan of rhyming - unless you're Keats or Shakespeare etc. No, these are beautiful.

2:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home