07 March 2011

Monday's Musing

“Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in, forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day, you shall begin it well and serenely...” - Ralph Waldo Emerson

It is kismet that led me to this particular quote today! Over the past weekend, I was at the boys' swim meet. Since they both had been sick, they didn't do as well as they wanted and there was much upset-ness. I kept saying "remember what you thought you did well; think about what you didn't like only as far as it helps you do better the next time; forget the rest and move on; it's all in the past now; stand up tall and proud like a champion no matter how well you think you did."

I should take my own advice more often. ;)

Many thanks for all the get well wishes! I am feeling much much better, albeit a little tired still. I think it was all the nice messages that helped me get over it so quickly! Have an absolutely fabulous week, everyone!

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

I just want you to know that I am working on Maia, my very first effort at one of your designs, and I am completely and utterly smitten. As I follow the pattern (with BEADS; swoon!) I marvel at your mind; I can't wrap my mind around how music composers and knitting (especially lace) designers do what they do. It is a gift to the rest of us, that is for sure. THANK-YOU!

10:51 AM  
Blogger Cathy-Cate said...

Thank you for posting this quotation today: one of my favorites, but one I need to remember too! (And remind my children of as well...) My daughters are musician-dancers, but the older one had a similar weekend: her show choir did not do as well as they had hoped in Saturday's competition, due to a number of little glitches (like my teen's 'wardrobe malfunction' -- fortunately not to a Janet Jackson level, but it's definitely harder to dance and keep your poise when your dress has unzipped itself halfway...).

Ah, well -- this too shall pass! (Which I do say a lot, just ask my kids.)

11:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

May your whole family be on the mend and 100% quickly!

Wonderful quote. Must write it down!

1:22 PM  
Blogger Marushka C. said...

Thanks -- I needed the reminder!

PS - I just finished a Bitterroot shawl and gave it to my mother for her birthday. She was very pleased and has already directed an admiring friend to the pattern page.

2:57 PM  
Anonymous Helen said...

Thanks! I needed to read that quote. Yesterday was not great, but today is a new day and I'm enjoying my job again.

2:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home