30 March 2011

knit knit knit; test test test

First of all, I think a little sneak peek is in order, don't you?
Are you getting excited?
How about now?
I am loving how reversible the Sakaki pattern is!
And how nicely it drapes using the lovely Sunna yarn from Spirit Trail (Acadia colorway).
And now, just to make it as irresistible as possible (because I so want to maximize the funds going for Japan support!), I'm doing a red version.
And what a red!!! Alisha (who has a new etsy shop with lots of goodies!) gave this skein (On the Vine colorway) to me at TNNA, and it is sublime! A perfect ripe tomato red.
No leaves on this one, but plenty of beads.
I found some hexagonal bronze seed beads and they look amazing with the red.
I'm really enjoying the knit in the evening while watching my latest acquisition: the full Deep Space 9 series. (squeeeee!)

All should be tested and ready soon. :)

Labels: , , ,

8 Comments:

Blogger Cyndi in BC said...

Hi Romi, I really like that one! I'll be making it for sure. Looking forward to getting back into test knitting for you again soon. :)

12:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have four (FOUR) of your shawl designs on the needles at present. You design faster than I can knit!!!!!

12:54 PM  
Blogger Birdsong said...

what a fabulous edging! Just when I promise myself not to start yet another shawl, you come along with temptation. How many yards do I need?

12:59 PM  
Blogger Lise said...

Oh my! I can hardly wait for Sakaki to be ready for me to knit!

1:10 PM  
Blogger Monika said...

I like the border on this shawl. Looks great in both colors!

1:46 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Jealous about Deep Space 9!

Can't wait to see the beaded version and finding out yardage. I have a recently acquired cherry red yarn I'm thinking of using.

4:08 PM  
Anonymous Kendra M said...

Gorgeous shawls AND DS9? I'll be right over!

10:00 PM  
Blogger Malin said...

Yum!

1:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home