11 March 2011

Back again!

I'm back! See? I told you I would blog again today! :)

So...onward after part one! After I taught my morning class, I headed over to the Indie Artist Celebration to see what Kristi and Paul had cooked up for the market! It was in a great space right across the street from Eleganza.
There was live music.
Lots of yarn.
Some super funky and cool alpaca roving wound around baling twine for rugs (from Angel's Kiss Yarn).
More yumminess.
Gorgeous roving from Wild Hare Fibers.
And more loveliness from Angel's Kiss.
Then it was off to do a trunk show! As I put my samples out and talked with people, Brandy hung out and worked on her Taygete. Aren't those colors gorgeous?! I'm hoping she blocks it soon, because I must see it on her!
Later, we all went out to an Ethiopian dinner. Here's Kim Dolce, who I first met on the floor at the celebration. (A friend of mine chose one of her designs for a first sweater, and I was excited to tell her I met the designer!) Can I just add that she is a fellow Dr Martens fan? Yes!
I knew it was time for me to leave when I woke up and it was raining. It's become sort of a tradition for me - travel days are always rainy! And this one had a tornado watch. I was a little nervous until everyone told me that nothing had actually been sighted. Whew.
I packed up my stuff, including this stunning skein of yarn from Alpacas of Windswept Farm. Isn't it absolutely gorgeous?! They had some lovely purple, as well, but I restrained myself.
And Kristi gave me two gorgeous skeins of her Shalimar Yarn for a shawl. Yes - I'm thinking of two colors! Mmmmmmmm.
When she drove me to the airport, Kristi told me that the yarn is named for her horse, who was a rescue animal. It's an amazing story, and I think I'm going to bug her until she puts it up on her site! Then I can link to it. ;) She's also got an adorable Chincoteague Pony that you can see on her blog here.

Then it was just sitting on the plane. And sitting. And sitting. I got a lot of knitting done!
Yes - that's Sevillano! I'm knitting it in Schaefer's Audrey. But it's going to be a smallish shawl/scarf. I was inspired by Diane at Stitches West who loved Sevillano, but doesn't want a shawl. She asked about making a scarf by omitting the mesh middle section. I was intrigued. So I started one. And I can't wait to see how it turns out! If I like it (and I think I will) there will be a pattern. :)

Speaking of patterns, I just finished a secret one. And there are two more secrets in store! I can't wait to show you.

And with that, I'm off to bed. See you all later!

Labels: , , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Jeanne said...

So many secrets, we can't wait to share them with you!

6:11 AM  
Blogger Thérèse said...

Scarf version of Sevillano is a brilliant idea. Can't wait to see how it turns out.

7:53 PM  
Anonymous Kendra M said...

All the pictures are so gorgeous! It's a nice break to see such lovely images (as opposed to what's on TV here in Tokyo!)

We are well, btw, thanks for your concern!

10:28 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

I think a scarf version is a great idea too. The shawl is stunning, but without the mesh, I think the smaller shawl would be warmer, and also a nice choice for those wanting less of a commitment.

9:21 PM  
Blogger Laurie said...

What wonderful yarn! Looks like you had a great time.

5:08 PM  
Blogger DianeD said...

Can't wait for the pattern for the Sevillano scarf. It's going to be stunning. Diane from Stitches

8:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home