27 January 2011

Yarnz yarnz and more yarnz!

I had to begin my yarny goodness posts with Alisha Goes Around. Cookie and I walked around the convention floor at TNNA the day before it opened (Cookie was delivering books) and we both loved Alisha's yarns so much, we made up our minds to go back the next day. On my mind were these two skeins:
Just look at the fabulosity of this color! It's called Chimney Sweep.
Ahem. Well. We went back the next day with knitspot Anne. Alisha gave us bags when we walked in, and said to fill them. So, not wanting to be rude or anything (hee), we politely obliged. :) There may have been some serious drooling going on at that moment, as you can imagine!

What she hadn't had the day before was this gorgeous display.
Just look at those colors! They were even better in person, and let me assure you that I am picky picky picky about color.

Well, Cookie had to run off, but Anne and I set about to fill our bags with loveliness. I tended toward the blue-greens (one is a blend of silk/cashmere/merino and the other is merino/sterling):
and the reds. The boys want me to knit them hats out of this one (their team colors are black and red)!
There was this lovely lovely tomato red blend of silk/cashmere/merino.
And this amazing red superwash merino sock yarn that defies description. You just have to see it in the skein; the color is very very unusual and I love it! I cannot wait to knit this one up.
Mission accomplished!
Alisha's website is undergoing a facelift right now - she's re-organizing to give a better sense of her amazing wares. But all I can say is wow! She has an incredible talent for creating mouth watering colors. I have been playing with them ever since I returned from TNNA (in between sending out club packets of course). :) And lucky for all of us, her yarn will soon be in many stores. I think she did very very well at the show!

More tomorrow! Back to knitting on a sekrit project. :)

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the link. Alisha's yarn is incredible.

2:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oooh, pretty yarn and colors! What will you knit with it?

3:02 PM  
Blogger Jeanne said...

Oh My! Oh my, oh my oh my... Thank you for the link - I think :-0

3:40 PM  
Anonymous Heather said...

Nothing says happy like new yarn. They're gorgeous!

6:21 PM  
Blogger JelliDonut said...

You are soooooooo lucky! And I am soooooo jealous!

7:28 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

I agree - that Chimney Sweep is lovely. I like a deep gray.

8:26 PM  
Blogger Laurie said...

Thanks for the link! I, too, adore the Chimney Sweep colorway. I think my love of knitting in purple is transforming into a love of knitting with grey...

5:53 AM  
Blogger Marushka C. said...

I'm betting this fabulous yarn will inspire you to create lovely new designs.

11:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home