14 January 2011

Recap: people, eating and traveling

TNNA is one of those events that makes what I do so very very much fun. I mean, can you imagine? For work, I get to go play with yarn and talk with fiber junkies until the wee hours of the morning. Talk about heaven. :)

The Thursday before TNNA, I drove down to Cookie A's and spent a night so we could get an early start on the trip down to Long Beach. Look at the snow we saw going over the mountains into LA!

I will admit to being a little paranoid after my friend A's narrow escape the week before. They closed the grapevine for snow and foul weather 5 cars after she drove through, and then it was closed for 24 hours! My paranoia often takes the form of über-preparedness. There were mylar blankets and sleeping bags, 1 for each of us, including Ysolda, who was riding back up with us to spend some time with Cookie. And the all important flat of water. I may have gotten a few strange glances, but we were all well hydrated! ;)
I stayed with Cookie, Anne Hanson and Janel Laidman. Here's Anne taking a picture of the very cool grass; I expect to see this in her garden next year!
We convinced Janel to have sushi with us, but, having been a biologist, she doesn't do raw fish. We asked her not to tell us the bad news. Ignorance is bliss, after all! Aren't the shrimp bunnies cute?
Mmmmmmmmmm, shrimp heads. I'm thinking at this point, Laura Nelkin was a little surprised. ;)
Janel introduced us to Pinkberry yogurt. Delicious!!!
Lunch the next day included a flurry of picture taking. There's Ysolda and Janel.
Sarah and Miriam were a little cold and decided to share a soft scarf.
Cookie's hair was dyed to match her gorgeous new book. More on that later!
There's Anne, her husband David and Laura.
I'll leave it to you to guess whose feet these are.
I thought they were cowboy boots at first! They're something else, aren't they?!
Lunch before we took off. That's smoked salmon sprinkled liberally on a cauliflower soup. Delicious!
After the trip back up to the Bay Area, I said good-bye to Ysolda and Cookie, and got in my car for the drive to wine country.
The boys and I were super happy to see each other! I seriously missed all three of them!
Next? Yarnz, yarnz, spinning and more yarnz!!! You will be so jealous! ;)

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger norabrown said...

You have to share who was wearing the shoes. It will keep me awake trying to guess.

I'm thinking Cookie A.

6:37 AM  
Blogger Turtle said...

lol, already jealous. Looks like great fun! (i am with you on the over prepared-ness. I grew up in northern NH, hubby laughs but has been thankful at times when those preparations have come in handy)

9:07 AM  
Blogger Jeanne said...

I've come back and looked at your pictures numerous times today for a smile. To see you with some of my other favorite designers is awesome! (Though you'll always be my favoritest fav ;-) And the food! YUM!!! The boys are looking good too!

You really do have to disclose who was wearing the shoes. I'm guesting Cookie A. as well.

4:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think those were your shoes!

I'm always sad to miss TNNA, it's never possible to get that weekend off. I used to live about 100 yards from the Pinkberry on 2nd street and would happily move back.

I hope you got lots of creative inspiration and are fomenting new ebook ideas.

6:03 PM  
Blogger Kristin said...

My guess is that Steven Berg's feet are in those shiny, pointy shoes!

1:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home