30 January 2011

Can one person ever have too much yarn?

I think not. :) So I'm showing off some more of my inspiration! Cookie gave me this one from String Theory. Love the name and love the yarn! In person, it looks like a verdigris finish on piece of copper. Lovely. The dyeing is just masterful.
The other yarns in this post came from Pico Accuardi Dyeworks. They have some stunning yarns, and Anne (from Knitspot) and I got some serious yarny love from them at TNNA.

I think this may be my one most favorite skein of yarn ever. I wish you could all fondle it in person. Yummmmm, I tell you!
And here's a pretty bfl - sort of between a laceweight and a fingering weight. I love the color!
And another of my favorites, if only I could capture the color properly. This one is a mohair and silk blend. Anne got one that was dyed using the same natural dyes but it looked very very different. It's amazing what they achieve by changing the measurements just a little bit.
Well, my sekrit project is blocking and is getting shipped off tomorrow. And it's on time without my staying up all night. Wooot! I am so happy about that! I've really been working on getting the scheduling under control! So far, so good. :)

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger JelliDonut said...

I am swooning over that String Theory yarn!

10:41 PM  
Blogger momsue84 said...

Wiping drool from chin, Romi!

5:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oooh, string theory yarn and photo are amazing!

I do not need more yarn, I do not need more yarn...

8:18 AM  
Anonymous Jo said...

I will not buy more yarn than I can knit... breathe. Nope, I still want it all!

9:09 AM  
Blogger Ana said...

Oh my lord. That String Theory yarn is beyond beautiful. What base is it and is it / will it be available to the general public to purchase?

9:38 AM  
Blogger Laurie said...

Um...the answer to that would be...NO!!!! LOL! The String Theory yarn is too amazing for words.

12:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home