25 January 2011

Back to Earth again

...after dropping off the face thereof.

This was the scene at Chez Romi all last week. Here's a half day's worth of packages.
Mr. Romi would take some to the post office in the early afternoon on the way to taking the boys to swim practice, and then I would take another load at the end of the day. I spent a lot of quality time at the PO! :) The kids and I were all working to get my club packages out, and when they were gone? None of us quite knew what to do with ourselves! I'll show you all a picture of what's inside when I think everyone has gotten theirs and/or seen the spoiler pics in my Ravelry group. I had a great time with the pattern for this one; the particular theme has been on my mind for a few years now, and I'm so excited to have finally done it! It's a wonderfully relaxing knit, and I so enjoyed taking it along with me for travel knitting. Well. You'll see very soon. :)

Today I decided I needed a treat. I was feeling kind of tired and a little low spirited, so I raided my jewelry materials stash for a quick pick-me-up project. Nothing like a little new bling to make me smile!

I had a couple of pearls that I thought were very cool; I love the blobby texture on them. And to go with them, I pulled out some copper findings and a length of copper chain with great links.
The tools came out next.
And I went to work.
Copper is so easy to bend.
It was a fun treat after all the (very hard) nickel I've been hammering lately!
I detached a couple of links from the chain.
And 15 minutes later, I had a new pair of earrings!
I lurve instant gratification. :)
And tomorrow? You shall see the yarnz I picked up at TNNA. I can't wait to show you!!!

Labels: ,

10 Comments:

Blogger weebug said...

darn cute!

10:28 PM  
Blogger JelliDonut said...

Those earring are gorgeous! What brand of round nose pliers do you use? I can't seem to find any that are sturdy enough.

10:32 PM  
Blogger Kath said...

Lovely!

11:03 PM  
Blogger The Sexy Knitter said...

Love the earrings, can't wait to see what went out in your kits!

11:05 PM  
Blogger Rudee said...

As always, you're an inspiration, Romi! I love the versatility of your art. The earrings are beautiful.

7:25 AM  
Blogger KatJobson said...

Club, what club, I've missed something. Please let me know what club you are talking about. The earings are gorgeous, love them.

kathijobson[at]netscape[dot]net

or katjobsone[at]gmail[dot]com

7:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So pretty! I love earrings, I think I need to make myself a few!

8:09 AM  
Blogger Marushka C. said...

The spoiler pictures are making me jealous. Or maybe it's envious. Probably both. I will just plan ahead for next year.

3:13 PM  
Blogger Laurie said...

Beautiful earrings! I wish I could catch the jewelry-making bug.

7:36 AM  
Blogger JoAnnaJae said...

Making jewelry is just instant gratification! These are beautiful!

10:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home