19 December 2010

Madame X...revealed

7 Small Shawls: T - 13 days and counting down.

Thank you all so much for guessing the next shawl's name in my contest! First, the winner, chosen by the random number generator at random.org: Iciclechic Ali! Congratulations!

Now for the name. Can I have a drumroll please?

Ready?

Taygete, pronounced Tay-EE-jet-ay, is a shawl fit for a nymph who, as a doe, roamed the forests under the protection of Artemis.
Everyone's reasoning for the two other names was so persuasive that I almost changed her name! But you'll just have to see the other two. I know you'll all understand!

Here to keep her sister company is a picture of lovely Elektra, as knitted by my friend A and modeled at Cast Away.
I want this shawl. I really really want it. But in the interest of preserving a friendship, I didn't steal it. :)

The lovely red is coming along nicely! I'm knitting away on her and will have more pics very soon!

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Jeanne said...

Welcome sister Taygete :-)

11:58 AM  
Anonymous Dani said...

I love the name! And it looks beautiful.
I still need to get Elektra on my needles, but will hopefully be able to cast Taygete on close to when she's released.

2:16 PM  
Anonymous Kate64 said...

So, when are you going to release the pattern, hummmmmmm?

3:33 PM  
Blogger Kristine V. said...

LOVE!

9:38 PM  
Blogger Turtle said...

smiles....visualizing nymphs and loving that shawl!

9:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home