23 December 2010

Life is busy happening

7 Small Shawls: T - 8 days and counting down.

And I'm busy knitting in between life happening. :) Christmas cookies :knit: gifts for coaches :knit: swim practice :knit: stomach flu :knit: toy drives :knit: food drives :knit: Christmas shopping .... :knitknitknit:

Here's my red beauty.
She's further along than this shows.
I am so enjoying this yarn and pattern!
Soooooooo soft.
And then?

Next week, I get to knit another bonbon. Wheeeeeeeeeeee! It's vacation knitting. Not quite stress-free but almost. It would be totally stress free if it weren't for the deadline. I was thinking of trying to finish binding off as the clock strikes midnight, but that may be cutting it too close. I may have a ceremonial thread to clip, though. What do you think? There needs to be some sort of pomp for the occasion of finishing my shawls! (Really, though, I went back and counted. The last shawl of the eBook will be my 12th shawl designed and knitted this year.)

The new kitty is doing well. Here she is learning to spin.
She's taking to it quite well!

Well, I'm off! Toodles. :)

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger norabrown said...

I'm into red right now, so I love this shawl.

And what a year you have had! Wishing you a Merry Christmas and even more success in 2011.

4:45 AM  
Blogger Jeanne said...

It's so pretty Romi! And yes, I think you should have a thread cutting ceremony just before the stroke of midnight on New Years Eve, if you insist on finishing your 12th shawl in 2010. You are the only one expecting that final shawl.

4:51 AM  
Anonymous Saara said...

Pretty shawl! Pretty kitty! Did you know that the Finnish word for purring is the same as the word for spinning? So it's only right that she should get into spinning...

9:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home