08 December 2010

In keeping with the season

7 Small Shawls: T - 24 days and counting down.

First, I just want to clarify what I said in my last post. I still fully intend to have my 10 shawls (including the 7 Small Shawls) designed and knit by the end of the year. YES! :) The ebook shawls just won't be test knitted and in your hands until a little later when my test knitters aren't doing their holiday knitting! But you'll be able to look at them here, see the process and watch the insanity them take shape. And I will try to make you drool. I will try my very best. :)

Speaking of drooling...this yumminess is cashmere and silk from Lisa Souza in the Forbidden City colorway.
And let me tell you that you have never seen or felt a more incredibly sumptuous and decadent yarn. It's fairly fragile, though, so if you get a little knot like I did, try not to yank on it (like I did). (ETA: I wasn't all that clear on the knot thing; there wasn't a knot in the skein. When I was winding it, the yarn slip knotted itself as yarn is sometimes wont to do. I tried to pull it out and broke the yarn - totally my fault.)
I nearly cried when it broke. I hate wasting even an inch of this yummy stuff! I am feeling very red these days, so I've put aside the bunny-chewed Malabrigo for the time being and I'm playing with the yummy red yarn!

Look what I got in the mail!
It's from Steven over at bitchesgetstitches, who had a little contest over on his blog. It's green. And it's sock yarn. That makes it totally and completely perfect. Many thanks, Steven!

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love Lisa Souza yarn! It's lovely, and the beautifully saturated colors are delightful!

9:41 PM  
Anonymous Steven A. said...

oh yay! i'm glad you like it.

9:52 PM  
Anonymous AlisonH said...

Oh, that's gorgeous! My favorite color. Lisa does nice, nice work. It's rare to get a knot from her--she works hard to keep them out of her work.

10:24 PM  
Blogger Monika said...

Wish I could feel the red yarn, words wont do ...

5:22 AM  
Blogger Turtle said...

gorgeous yarns... we know your still working on the ten! I love stephen!

8:01 AM  
Blogger Genevieve Llerena said...

I can't believe you're going to finish 7 shawls by the end of the year. If I finish one last fingerless mitten and the edging of a baby blanket by Christmas I'll be thrilled!

12:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Green and red yarn - how perfectly festive! They're both lovely.

As a person still on shawl number 4, don't hurry on my account :) You'll get them out when they're ready - like babies.

4:26 PM  
Blogger Lynne said...

Realleeee Rosemary, don't hurry on the 7 shawls, I'm still on the last one. We all want you to stay sane, so don't overwork. Can't wait to feel the red yarn. The Steven A yarn is georgeous, but you know I always love green.

1:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home