05 December 2010

I heart my iPhone

7 Small Shawls: T - 27 days and counting down.

You know how it is; the recently converted are always the most devout. :) I love the camera, because the quality is astounding! I love the iPod function. And I love that I can check out downloadable audiobooks from the library and play them on my phone while I work. This is the life, I must say.

Courtesy of my iPhone, you can see where my family took me for my birthday last Friday! We went out to Bodega Bay to eat fresh, just off the boat, crab. Here they are, in fact, loading and unloading a boat (most of the boats were still out though).
We stopped by the Salt Water Taffy shack that I remember from my childhood (yes, it's always been striped).
And we had an amazing meal of fresh crab. OMG, it was good. I really tried to like the butter with it because Mr. Romi loves it so much, but I couldn't. The fresh crab just tasted so good without anything on it!
I'm still recovering from dessert.
It was a lovely time. And the kitty even gave me a little gifty. She deigned to sleep in her kitty bed.
I'm pretty sure it was, indeed, a gift, since she hasn't shown any inclination since. I thanked her as befits her royal nature, of course.
And I am really enjoying my current shawl. It's a fabulously relaxing knit and one I love working on while watching Christmas movies. Like the Alastair Sim version of A Christmas Carol, with which we ended the day on my birthday. It was a fabulous day from beginning to end, and how could it not be when it started out with dozens of the nicest birthday greetings ever, from the Internet knitting/crafting community?!?! I feel so fortunate for you all! Thank you! :)

Then on Saturday? I got to go hang with my local knitting peeps! And I started on the lace section of my shawl.
See how fabulous my little iPhone camera is? I'm really quite smitten.

btw, Kristine of A Verb for Keeping Warm currently has a sale on the yarn I am using for this shawl! The colors above are Magic Bean and The French Monk's Finest. Enjoy!

Labels: , , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

I picked up two coordinating rovings in 50/50 camel/silk that I want to spin and use for this shawl. Will four ounces be enough?

9:19 PM  
Blogger Rudee said...

A happy belated birthday to you.

9:38 PM  
Blogger Anita Figueras said...

Great pics! Knitting is hard to photograph, but the pic of the shawl is very good. I'm enjoying the camera on my iPhone 4 as well. Touch to focus FTW!

5:18 AM  
Blogger MelThomas said...

Looks like an Awesome day! Love the kitty bed, I think my beagles would love it, will have to see if it comes in doggie size. :-)

5:42 AM  
Blogger pearl said...

Romi, i heart your iPhone, too. you are amazing in so many ways! great pics!

7:02 AM  
Blogger Fellmama said...

I will say, the picture quality on iphones IS amazing! Happy birthday!

10:36 AM  
Anonymous lv2knit said...

Happy [Belated] Birthday! You weren't afraid to spend the day at the scary site of "The Fog"???

8:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home