10 December 2010

Drive by blogging

Today was a good micro blogging day, considering the paucity of free time when one is dealing with:

- a dead water heater that is pouring water into the wall and then all over the garage,
- a cat that misses the litter box (a social statement?) then knocks one's laptop computer upside down onto the tile floor,
- an attitudinal pre-teen,
- a cold,
- 3 hours of sleep (see cold above),
- the necessity of working very late to finish work not done today while draining the hot water heater and mopping up the garage.

There's a swim meet this weekend. I'm happy to report that it's indoors.

We have no hot water. Just thought I'd mention that.

On the other hand? It's really nice to have the luxury to complain about such comparatively trifling things, and I'm finding I have a difficult time staying cranky. I think that's a good thing. :)

I just finished the audio book version of The Three Musketeers. Freakin' awesome.

Have a great weekend!

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Stripeyspots said...

Suddenly my day seems quite perfect... Thank you!

4:22 AM  
Blogger Laurie said...

Oh, gosh...what an awful way to start a weekend! Wishing you a speedy recovery, a quick repair, and hot water soon - oh, and good luck to the swimmers!

4:28 AM  
Blogger Susan said...

If the swim meet location has a women's gym, grab a shower there! Locker rooms seem to have unlimited hot water....

4:57 AM  
Blogger Lynne said...

OK your not going to believe this. I received a bonus from work, I was so happy thinking of all the little things needed I will purchase. I call home to give Steven the good news and guess what? Our water heater is on the fritz! I don't have to mop up water but damn, there goes the bonus! One step forward two steps back!

1:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home