08 December 2010

Better late than never

7 Small Shawls: T - 25 days and counting down.

Our little Japanese Maple has finally decided to show her colors. And she is beautiful!
Looking out the front, there is a glow of color like a stained glass window.
I caught these pictures right after it rained.
And right before we munched a bunch of taffy from my birthday last week. Yum!
Mmmmmmm. Green. Ends need to be woven in. Blockage needs to happen. (Can you tell that it's late and my mind is wandering?)
As I was finishing up this latest Small Shawl, a thought struck me. Most people (read: my test knitters) are not insane workaholics. I seem to thrive on working until all hours of the night, and I honestly love what I do. But other people? Well, they have lives that perhaps don't involve knitting all the time time. What I'm saying here is that, while I am determined to finish up the rest of my small shawls by the end of the year, there is no way on Earth that my test knitters are going to be able to test them properly by the end of the year. And I don't want to release a pattern that isn't ready, so I'm not going to rush it. This has been going through my mind for a bit, but I thought it was probably a good idea to say something about it, eh?

Onward to the family report....
Younger kiddo: getting over flu (can't get flu shot because of egg allergy)
Older kiddo: recently came down with cold
Mr. Romi: recovering slowly from creeping crud
Kitteh: fixed, vaccinated, ears cleaned
Me: not willing to get sick at the moment

Be well! I'm off to bed. :)

Labels: ,

11 Comments:

Blogger Malin said...

Oooh, looking forward to seeing that shawl blocked, it looks so nice already :-)

1:58 AM  
Blogger Jeanne said...

Just want to thank you for the pretty pictures and a post. It always starts my day off on the right foot to read your posts. Enjoy your day!

5:06 AM  
Blogger Syd said...

The deadline was yours, not ours...speaking for myself I am not in a rush, I want to savor each pattern! And I want to thank you for the amazing Maple pictures. Since I moved to AZ from Napa I miss changing colors of the trees more than anything! Those pictures fill me with such joy.

5:06 AM  
Blogger Anita Figueras said...

No problem here with a little deadline slippage. It's harder for me to find knitting time during the holidays, and I bet at least some of your test knitters have the same problem.

It will be interesting to see the final product for this shawl! Geometric stripes and lace - kind of yin and yang.

6:07 AM  
Anonymous Tina Van Hoecke said...

I am so excited about this shawl, I can hardly stand it ; ) It is looking great!

6:40 AM  
Blogger Andi said...

On allergies.... My daughter has had horrible allergies most of her life and we recently started doing some alternative treatments. They are non-invasive, easy for kids (my two go and they are 5 and 7. They find the treatments boring, but not painful. ;) ) You can email me for more info (I think it's on here) or head to www.allergytx.com for locations.

It has truly changed her life!

Gorgeous shawl! Now that's one I might be able to knit!! :)

12:15 PM  
Anonymous Pam T. said...

I, for one, am awfully glad you're not going to rush the other "small shawl" designs. Maybe I can catch up. That's Maybe with a capital "M" - - - speaking of catch up, a very happy belated b'day to you. It's the Christmas crazies to blame. Tra la la!

6:29 PM  
Blogger pearl said...

oh my! your leaf pics are amazing! love them!

9:38 PM  
Anonymous Dani said...

I'm sure most of us are caught up in the mad end of the year rush anyways- and I'd love to get at least one of the earlier shawls finished first.

That said, I'm SO excited for this shawl.. so if you're in need of an extra test knitter....

11:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fainting with relief : )

Signed a faithful test knitter,

Denise (dlotter)

ps - Happy Holidays!

9:15 PM  
Blogger Cathy-Cate said...

My Japanese maple looked like that two months ago. Now, in Wisconsin, it is bare twigs partly buried in two feet of snow already (early, even here).

The remember of its glow in fall is welcome. The shawl is looking lovely!

7:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home