17 November 2010

Suddenly in love

7 Small Shawls: T - 44 days and counting down.

First, an admission: I am not feeling the love for the entrelac shawl idea I was toying with before. It's going to have to wait for next year (did you hear that the 10 shawls in 2010 people are doing 11 in 2011?!?!). Because right now, my entrelac is ugly and I want to knit a fun fluffy bonbon of a knit.

So I took the gorgeous green (because my knitted bonbons are all green) yarns that Kristine sent me: Creating in The French Monk's Finest and Magic Bean (possibly my very favorite yarn color of all time) and started playing with things that I love.
Like stripes in garter stitch.
And interesting constructions.
And lace.
And now I'm irreversibly, irretrievably in love.
Totally head over heels with shawl #5. I am having such a grand time with this yarn and pattern combination! And I so needed this: a thoroughly relaxing knit that I can barely stand to put down. A busman's holiday of sorts. Because really? I so love what I do for a living.

:hapysigh:

Labels:

11 Comments:

Blogger Lost City Denise said...

"(because my knitted bonbons are all green)"
Thank goodness I'm not the only one!

8:23 PM  
Blogger Kirsten said...

Beautiful!! I can't wait to see how this evolves!

8:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love magic bean too! The shawl looks very lovely so far!

9:53 PM  
Anonymous Kate said...

My knitted bon bons are all red!

4:26 AM  
Blogger Jeanne said...

An admission - I'm glad you're not feeling the love for you entrelac shawl right now ;-) And welcome #5, nice to meet you!

4:52 AM  
Anonymous penny said...

loverly!

5:48 AM  
Blogger Paula said...

I love what you do too and that shawl looks heavenly!

7:34 AM  
Anonymous Laurie (Moo!) said...

My bonbons are green, too! LOL!
The new "baby" looks beautiful and I can't wait to knit it!

7:59 AM  
Blogger Fellmama said...

I don't much care for entrelac . . . but I DO care for garter stitch!

5:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looking so pretty! I also hope your toying with the idea of going along with that 11 in 2011 idea.....
Debbie

8:29 PM  
Blogger Turtle said...

love the colorway as well!

7:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home