24 November 2010

My addiction

7 Small Shawls: T - 37 days and counting down.

No, not to Addis, although they are fabulous.

I'm talking about my
current small shawl. My knitted bonbon of a project.
I am so loving it! It's such a wonderfully relaxing knit, and I so so so needed that! I love the way the striped garter stitch looks.
I love the pebbly texture.
I love the greens.
I love that the stripes are vertical.
I love that the stitches are so easy to pick up along the edge (there are little loops just waiting!),
and I love love love listening to the audio book I checked out and downloaded to my iPhone while knitting in bed. This is the life!

Meanwhile, Musetta was holding court today.

And there may have been a little exploring.

The thing that amazes me? How a tiny six and a half pound kitty can have us all completely wrapped around her little paw. But she does, and we're absolutely hers.

Tomorrow is Thanksgiving in the US and I have much to be thankful for. I know that should really be "for which to be thankful," but it sounds so stilted and formal, doesn't it? I am thankful for my family, the beautiful place where I live, the fact that we have plenty to eat, a roof over our heads and live in a peaceful area. I'm thankful for our furry and fishy family members. And I'm thankful for being able to do what I love and for our wonderful knitting community. And you all, dear Readers, are a huge part of that. Have a fabulous day!

Labels:

6 Comments:

Anonymous Kate said...

She is a beautiful cat. We had cats, until I finally convinced my husband to get allergy tests (he was acutely miserable every fall and spring). He tested allergic to cats. We have dogs now, but it just isn't the same.

I'm really looking forward to the release of this shawl. I wanted to make all the seven small shawls, but I am WAY behind. I gave away the one I made two shawls ago, and started another one for me, see, and then I bought an heirloom knitting kit, and then I started a Christmas colourd vest..... And then you published that beautiful cape in IK, you eeeeeeevil woman.... So much to knit, so little time
!

3:45 AM  
Blogger Robin Cadmus said...

Ditto to everything you said about Thanksgiving. There is so much to be thankful for that there isn't room to list it all. I am thankful to you, Rosemary, for the talents you share with us knitters.

4:40 AM  
Anonymous Laurie (Mooflower) said...

Happy Thanksgiving, to you and your family...even the four-footed queen!

Such a yummy looking bon-bon. Can't wait. Can't wait!

10:42 AM  
Blogger JelliDonut said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours!

11:53 AM  
Blogger Fellmama said...

Happy Thanksgiving! I'm thankful for the internet, which lets me meet and communicate with knitters all over the world!

3:02 PM  
Anonymous Trista said...

What a doll Musetta is!
I just had to let you know how much you enhance my knitting with your wonderful booklet of small shawls. I am really enjoying reading about your process too.

6:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home