11 September 2010

S is for sleepless

7 Small Shawls: T - 112 days and counting down.

You may remember that I hurt my wrist this past weekend. Annoying, yes, and for several different reasons! One was that I needed to have a secret project in Canada by this Friday. And I lost a lot of knitting time. Heh. So on Wednesday night, I did something I haven't done in years. Many years; about 17, actually. I pulled an all-nighter.

I know. I'm too old for this. But I did survive. And, although I had a few setbacks (including falling on the stairs in my frenzy!), I did make it to Fedex on time. But once they got the package, it was a miracle that it actually got to its destination. Oy. UPS next time, I think. :P

It was a surreal day. The problem with no sleep is that it makes my brain very dull, indeed. My dear husband ran out to the local coffee shop and got me a triple latte. I could only drink half of it, though, because I'm a decaf kinda gal and I was shaking like crazy! But it did me some much needed brain cell rehabilitation. I didn't end up having lunch, and everyone was warned to steer clear of me. Because really, me without sleep is bad enough, but me without sleep and food is really too over the top.

Thankfully, I got my project finished and blocked (although I packed it a little damp!) and, thanks to my brand new and wonderful shipping scale:
I got an accurate weight and saved some money on shipping!

On the way back from Fedex, I dropped by and helped a friend with her knitting, and then I went back home to fix dinner for the boys when they got back from swim practice. So by the time I lay down to doze a little, it was already 8 and the boys were doing the dishes. Mr. Romi was out. When I went in the kitchen, this is what I found.
And the other side.
"We love you Mom. Get rested." Written on my caffeine delivery system. I was speechless. I have the greatest family EVER.

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

Blogger mokkakissa said...

Oh my goodness! That is not a relaxing dear hobby anymore. Now I repent from saying "faster" for the celaeno pattern....:( If you continue like this you may get totally fed up with knitting and what will happen to us then? No more patterns and that would be too bad... Sorry, selfish again... Sleep, please!

2:24 AM  
Blogger Donna Wynn (Yogiknitgirl) said...

Priceless! Children are a gift! I am so enjoying your blog and seeing you on Ravelry! I enjoyed the special download this week of the fingerless glove, you are so talented! I am glad that our blogs and Ravelry have connected us. You inspire me to be a better knitter. Thank you for that!

4:23 AM  
Blogger Gudrun Johnston said...

That is impressive Romi!
I don't think I could pull an all nighter anymore!

4:41 AM  
Blogger Miss Ginny Tea said...

Well that sucked. I just typed out why UPS sucks when sending to Canada, and it got eaten. The short version is UPS are assholes about brokerage, and they will either delay your delivery or charge you for a "service" they insisted on without checking, and they won't release your package unless you pay. Also, they'll give you attitude.

If you're sending UPS to Canada, make sure your recipient is okay with it.

6:26 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

I agree; you do!

9:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

AW! So cute! Sorry you had to stay up all night (I do it all the time and hate it). I could not stay up and THINK though, so you are a superior person :)

9:33 AM  
Blogger Karen said...

Lovely. Just lovely.

6:04 PM  
Blogger Laurie said...

Awwww...how sweet. It's been a long time since I've pulled an allnighter, and I KNOW I couldn't do it and knit. For me, allnighters involve the playing and listening to of music and lots of other people around. I'm hopeless without that. LOL!

4:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home