25 September 2010

Let's try this again....

7 Small Shawls: T - 98 days and counting down.

At least I had some of my post saved before it was dumped last night. :) So here goes another try!

When I saw the incredible list of designers in Julie Turjoman's new book Brave New Knits, I ran right out (figuratively) and bought it. (Yes - I buy books - no one sent this to me, although I wouldn't have said no!) It did not disappoint. With details on all the designers and how they got into knitwear design, this fun book serves up a good read along with the patterns.
My absolute favorite pattern, the one that jumped out at me, is this beauty:
The Silke Jacket by Shannon Okey of knitgrrl fame. I love the cables, the different yarns, the neckline. Wonderful! The other two that sang to me were the fabulous Krookus cardigan by tikru:
What I particularly like about the book is that it's a great reading in bed kind of book, but it has fabulous patterns, as well. They are as varied as the personalities of the bloggers profiled, and make a great collection. Well done, and a hearty recommendation.

In other news, my shawl #4 is progressing well. I'm really loving the combination of the yarn, beads and pattern.
I'm also working on a secret project with a slippery yarn. But I have my yarn management system in place. :)
Plastic bags always come in handy. :)

Off to a swim meet on Saturday (guess that's today at this point) and Sunday. I'm leaning toward @ Romi's Studio for my blog name, but keep those comments coming! I'm still waffling.

Have a terrific weekend! I just finished up a giant wholesale order, so I'm pretty happy.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger norabrown said...

I think consistancy is always helpful. so my vote is for
@ Romi's Studio.

6:14 AM  
Blogger Jeanne said...

Glad you found most of your review, it looks like a good book, but the only thing missing is you having a pattern in it ;-)

Have a nice weekend!

7:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hadn't heard about that book, but after reading your post I just ordered it! My only concern is that I have an issue with charts. I need a chart lesson. Lace I love, but charts not so much. LOL!

7:48 AM  
Blogger Monika said...

I've ordered this book too for Kirstens socks! I was hoping to get it in Friday's mail, but no such luck.
I'm loving the new shawl already!

6:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home