15 September 2010

Fields of gold

7 Small Shawls: T - 107 days and counting down.

You know something's up when I start channeling 80s music again. Heh. The truth is that I put a lot of irons in the fire thinking that maybe a few would come through. And I was totally unprepared for a lot of them, ok - almost all of them, coming through. And also for the success of my 7 Small Shawls subscription. I am blown away, actually, and so happy that you all are enjoying my little adventure! But I'm still a little shell shocked. In a good way. Ulp. ;)

Ok, enough rambling! You visited to see pretty yarn pictures. Nothing very interesting knitted up, but what I do have is a rather spectacular case of yarn barf.
Really, it's the worst case I've ever seen. I was forced to pull almost the entire inside of the ball out and then I spent hours untangling it. At first, I wound it around the outside of the ball, and then I realized that I needed to rip. Yep. The idea was to have an unbroken beaded line across the top of the shawl, but as you can see here, there's a little point inside the circle. And also? There needed to be fewer stitches on the outside of the beads (as you can see in the ellipse). Yes, I may be a little picky about such things, but when little things like this aren't perfect, they really really really bother me.
Besides, I didn't like the spine, either.
Rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrip! And back again to the ball winder. Now I have a nice center pull ball again. Isn't it nice that you can rip and re-knit yarn? Poor Mr. Romi works with wood. Enough said.

I can't wait to get my concept down in yarn and beads. This one is going to look tres chic.

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger Andi said...

Dear Rosemary, I'm getting more and more upset every time you post. You see, as I've mentioned before, I can't knit to save my life. But I am quite good at crochet. And I want so badly to make one of your amazing creations, but it might end up sending out a hazard task force should I try to knit one up.

So if you care about this dear reader, please, please add a bonus crochet shawl to your book? No pressure or anything.

As always, gorgeous photos (as a photographer, I know good photos when I see them)! I just love reading your blog!

Andi

8:27 AM  
Blogger Turtle said...

well, aside from the goofs.... the colorway is gorgeous! Reminds me of fields of wheat or hay waiting being cut.

8:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Romi - Everything that you have designed is tres chic! You are an artist and it shines through. I'm looking forward to knitting many more of your designs and adding to my collection of pins... I have my eye on a sheepy one : )

The fact that you do all of this while raising & schooling your family is not lost on me! Bravo!!!

- Denise (dlotter on ravelry/twitter)

9:42 AM  
Blogger Laurie said...

Yarn barf...what a hoot! This may be the most beautiful yarn I've seen so far. Fields of gold, indeed.

11:49 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

May I ask what the beads are? I'm currently looking for similar beads for a project. I'm guessing I'll have to order 3 different ones just to get a feel for what's out there, but yours are really swell. (I'm quite new to the world of beads in knitting)

TIA!

8:48 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I've been an admirer of your work for a long time, but for some reason have only just found your blog (yep, I can certainly be a dunderhead!).

I love the yarn and the beads. May I ask what the beads are? I'm currently looking for similar ones and I'm very new to this whole knitting with beads thing.

TIA

8:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home