19 September 2010

Feeling swatchy

7 Small Shawls: T - 103 days and counting down.

Today was perfect knitting weather. It was slightly drizzly, but gently warm. I listened to my ebook and swatched and knit. Knit and swatched, while the Bear played with his friend - here for a sleep-over. #1 Son was even on good behavior and made blueberry pancakes! It was a fine day, with some pin making toward the end, and a little bit of diversion. We're great Brother Cadfael fans and were watching a couple of episodes this evening after The Return of the Jedi (original of course - the kids had to see it).

Instead of swatching on my shawl in progress as I usually do, I broke with tradition and used a different yarn and beads.
This is the "First Blush" colorway from the The Royale Hare in Rockpile Sock (named after the local appellation). Isn't it a lovely color? The stitch pattern will be part of shawl #4 in my 7 Small Shawls ebook subscription. I combined and refined to come up with just the right look! Getting excited about this one. :)

Labels:

10 Comments:

Blogger Walden said...

The yarn is lovely! The pattern in the swatch is very nice, can't wait to see what the shawl looks like!

3:15 AM  
Blogger snowangel said...

Beautiful swatch, Romi! But, no fair not spilling the beans about which of your multitude of books inspired this swatch.

Reminder to self: I do like pink!

3:58 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

What a beautiful stitch pattern!

5:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The color! Oh my. Love it.

8:09 AM  
Blogger JelliDonut said...

I love that swatch. Looks like I'll be knitting another shawl. I've stopped asking myself how many shawls one person can have. How do you keep coming up with so many drop-dead gorgeous designs? You must work in your sleep.

Will there be a series of shawl pins to go with the book? (As if you don't have enough on your plate...)

8:48 AM  
Blogger kaykatrn said...

The design loos like bluebells. Of course, I also have the perfect pink for it!! Can't wait for the nest shawl!

12:15 PM  
Blogger Anita Figueras said...

The swatch is very, very beautiful.

As to JelliDonut's epic question, "how many shawls one person can have", I'm starting to grapple with that one myself. It may get answered with another on, "how many shawls can the people I love have?"

1:41 PM  
Blogger Theresa said...

That's such a pretty swatch! I can't wait to knit the shawl. Just as soon as I finally finish my supposed test-knit of Celaeno... :S

5:01 PM  
Blogger Monika said...

Oh my goodness! This is the most lovely swatch I have ever seen! :o)

12:45 PM  
Blogger Laurie said...

You know, that pattern is the perfect match for that yarn. Love it!

11:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home