26 September 2010

Crunchy munchy

7 Small Shawls: T - 96 days and counting down.

Well. I did it. As wonderful as the name my little Bear dreamed up was (rosemary-go-round), the only constant in life is change. So my blog has a new name! Enter @ Romi's Studio. Just like my Ravelry group. Woot!!!

Ahem. Anyway.

First priority is a public service announcement. For those wanting to make Celaeno in the same yarn I used (Enya Sock in New Moon), Dee of Saffron Dyeworks is having a shop update on September 27th at 7pm EST. Here's a preview of the yumminess. New Moon has been selling out super fast! So, to get your own skein of gorgeousness, don't be late!
(Note: Celaeno, the single pattern will be out in the next couple of days. Right now, you can only purchase it as part of my 7 Small Shawls eBook subscription.)

Here's a fun and quick little item to make. Mr. Romi makes incredibly delicious bread in our bread maker and we always have left-over ends. Usually we put them out for the birds, but the Bear has been asking me to make croutons that he can eat. Most store-bought croutons have dairy or egg in them and he's allergic. So the other day I finally cut the ends into 1/2 inch cubes, put them in a bowl, drizzled olive oil on them, added herbs, and tossed them until coated. Then I baked them for 20 minutes on cookie sheets in a preheated 250 F oven until golden brown. And here they are. I don't know why I didn't do this before! So easy. So delicious! French bread is particularly perfect.
Golden brown crunchy and yummy! And Bear safe. :)

This past weekend was a swim meet. Both days. It was hot. It was long. I'm going to vegetate now. Ciao!

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

These look great, as does the bread. Care to share a recipe or link for the bread?

4:40 AM  
Blogger Rudee said...

The croutons look yummy. I usually brown them in garlic scented olive oil on the stove top. I'll have to try it your way.

6:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The photo of that shawl is just gorgeous! Those croutons look great too!

7:18 PM  
Blogger Judy S. said...

Thanks for the yarn tip!

9:17 PM  
Blogger Yarnhog said...

Congrats on the new name!

Yummy looking croutons. My boys are constantly stealing croutons for snacks, so half the time our salads have Cheezits on them instead.

7:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home