12 September 2010

Blue ice

7 Small Shawls: T - 110 days and counting down.

At the beginning of the summer, when we thought that this was going to be a really hot one, I bought this nifty little icy treat maker. Of course, the summer turned out to be one of the coolest on record, so there weren't many days to use it to its full potential. But, nonetheless, it has brought a ton of enjoyment to everyone!
Today, on the way back from picking up the Bear from his sleepover, we got a few different syrup flavors. Why do things taste better when they're blue?
I'm sure I don't know. :)

I officially started my 4th shawl today, as test knitters are working through the end of the Celaeno. (As an aside, I think I used a record number of beads on Celaeno!) It has a longer cast on, as it's a longer thinner shape. I like the picture in my mind's eye, and I'm really looking forward to seeing this one take shape! I'm using Roxann'e gorgeous yarn. It is so soft and the color is just incredible!
Today was my grandmother's birthday. Happy birthday, grama, wherever you are. I'm thinking of you.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Skylark said...

What a warm and wonderful color for a foggy day.

10:37 AM  
Blogger Laurie said...

Beautiful yarn...can't wait to see what it becomes!

4:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home