03 September 2010

Backwards and upside down

7 Small Shawls: T - 119 days and counting down.

Mercury is retrograde. I started realizing something was up when I was having problems with databases on Ravelry, 2checkout.com, iTunes and Blogger. I know this sounds weird, but honestly, every time something like this happens, it turns out Mercury is retrograde and playing tricks.

So...tonight I lost a post. It was, I thought, a pretty ok post. I'm not going to write it again. But since it's gone and I really wanted to show you something, y'all get to see the yarn tree in my front yard.
I was drying some yarn from my last club shipment.
It was hot outside (one of the few days this summer) and I had run out of room to dry all the skeins. So our Japanese maple turned out to be the prefect clean little drying rack.
The neighbors must think I'm a lunatic.

Labels: ,

9 Comments:

Blogger ViDerTextil said...

It makes me smile ! Indeed, your neighbours must have looked very surprised, but it's a very nice idea and it makes the garden suddenly very colorful ! Have a nice weekend

4:15 AM  
Blogger AmyB said...

Actually, I think a yarn tree is probably the only kind I'm *not* allergic to... wonder where I can get one of my own?!

5:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rosemary, I LOVE the photographs of your "yarn tree"! You know, these would make fantastic cards (hint). My shop would be very interested in carrying these...

6:10 AM  
Blogger Anita Figueras said...

Maybe they just think you are decorating the yard to match the arbors full of ripening grapes!

6:59 AM  
Blogger Walden said...

How lovely! If only colorful skeins grew on trees. :)

9:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would love a tree that grew yarn. LOL. I have more yarn drying on my clothes line than clothes. Wonder what the neighbours think.l

12:59 PM  
Anonymous lv2knit said...

I love it!

2:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's a beautiful yarn tree! I wish my local nursery carried them. :-)

Laurie (Mooflower)

1:09 PM  
Blogger Laurie said...

Wow...the tree that grew yarn...where can I get a cutting? LOL!

6:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home