07 August 2010

Time in a bottle

This weekend is a swim meet weekend and so we've been running like crazy since yesterday, when #1 Son had his first event (500 yard freestyle)! It's a super fun meet - a team meet, which the kids absolutely love. I'm getting knitting done, but have no light for pics before we leave and after we return. I never take the good camera to meets! We did take some video, which I may treat you all to a little later. :)

What I really want is to show you some pics from last weekend when we took the kids to a birthday party. My friend L's son was turning 7 and siblings were invited along, so it was a great family affair. Their family had just moved (into a gorgeous house) and L decided that it would be fun to tie die - oops Freudian slip. I mean tie dye. Mind you, she had never ever tie dyed before, and wanted to try it with ten kids for the very first time out. Yes. She's completely insane, which is one of the things I absolutely love about her.

It went amazingly well. Perhaps because I had the kids in smocks? (Dad's old shirts are perfect for such things!) And barefoot.
There was dye everywhere!
Some of it even got on the shirts.
And here we go! I so love this picture of my boys. They were fighting like cats and dogs before and after this shot, but for one perfect moment....
Tie dye is the new big thing around here. Next time? Kool Aid. :)

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Kitty Kitty said...

But If you use kool aid they wouldn't have those fun dye spots for weeks to come. No fun in that*evil wink*!
Such a sweet photo of your boys together.

10:37 PM  
Blogger Jeanne said...

Such a fun story. Thank you :-) They are adorable!

5:41 AM  
Blogger Winifred said...

What a great time and fab T shirts.

4:28 PM  
Blogger Laurie said...

Love the picture of your boys in their tie-dyed glory!

1:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home