19 August 2010

Temptress

7 Small Shawls: T - 138 days and counting down.

Yesterday a priority mail box came. A surprise priority mail box. I love those. :) And this one did not disappoint! Dee had sent me a care package for my "inner magpie." Isn't that sweet?! And just look at what was inside!!! Warm.
And cool.
Oh, how I wish I could do the colors justice! Dee is an incredibly talented dyer.

The burgundy is Casablanca in the colorway Rusty Halo: 80% fine merino and 20% cashmere. The golden toned skein is Enya sock in colorway Harvest: 100% superwash merino. And the incredible deep aqua/teal/turquoise is Mica in the colorway Wild Night: 50% merino and 50% silk. I wish I could capture the incredible color! I spent some time trying to Photoshop it, too, and it's just one of those colors that doesn't photograph well. Trust me, though. It is incredible! I've been petting it. My inner magpie is very happy. :)

btw, did you see my interview over on the Knitting Daily blogs? I'm on "Inside Knits." Isn't that cool!? Sharon Riggs interviewed me. She's teh awesome. :)

Labels:

7 Comments:

Blogger M Dawson said...

I sympathise with trying to capture the fugitive colours of some beautiful yarns! I have some from a lovely local dyer and can I show how tealy/bluey/green it is - nope.... * sigh *

1:24 AM  
Blogger penny said...

swoon!

4:41 AM  
Blogger norabrown said...

Love the yarn!

Loved the interview!

5:11 AM  
Blogger JelliDonut said...

These are some awesome yarns--lucky you!

7:23 AM  
Anonymous Saffron Dyeworks said...

I just read the interview. Great job. How exciting! I'm so happy for you and your success which has come from all of your hard work. Designing isn't easy. Congrats!

11:00 AM  
Blogger Monika said...

Once again, gorgeous yarn you've got to work with there! I especially like the golden one.

5:48 PM  
Blogger Laurie said...

Amazing yarn! Loving the burgundy and gold...

11:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home