29 August 2010

knit knit knit tink tink tink

That's about what I have been doing this weekend. Listening to A Rule Against Murder and working on a secret project, while thinking about shawl shapes. Multi-tasking is Good. :)

I am so loving listening to audiobooks! It turns out my local library has a ton of them and they are just the thing for deadline knitting. But I'm in need of more, so back I go tomorrow. I'm about halfway done with the project and the Maia mitts are nearing test knitting completion. Then there are shawls 3 and 4 for the ebook....

Off to bed with me - long day tomorrow! School (online) starts for the boys and they are super excited.

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Kristi aka Fiber Fool said...

I too love audiobooks for deadline knitting. Our public library offers two download services - NetLibrary and OverDrive. It definitely saves on gas :-)

12:44 AM  
Blogger margene said...

Louise Penny's series was the right medicine to get me through my convalescence last year. It's perfect knitting, tinking, thinking audio reading. Take care!

6:50 AM  
Blogger JelliDonut said...

Thanks for the tip about audio books. Hadn't thought of that.

8:17 AM  
Blogger carolknits said...

I recommend the book, The Help, great audio listen!

8:48 AM  
Anonymous HasmiF said...

I love audio books - dyeing sessions need me to stock up on them. I have gone through our library's. I joined audible.com a few years ago and love it! Also downloaded lots of free books from LibriVox. Try Donna Leon's Inspector Brunetti series - set in Venice. Maybe to read these - I didn't like the narrator they picked for the audio books so I read these but they are fantastic.

9:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How odd is it that I don't listen to audiobooks while I knit? I love them and listen while I cook, garden and drive but for knitting, I need the TV or my Kindle to occupy my eyes.

Secret Project fun! Shhhhhh!

Laurie (Moo!)

2:49 PM  
Blogger Fellmama said...

Ooooh, I love Inspector Gamache!

11:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home