05 August 2010

I'm on my way

7 Small Shawls: T - 151 days and counting down.

Look! It's green.
And beaded - from stash yet!
Isn't it amazing how different the pattern appears in a semi solid color? I love how the leaf pattern looks like a watermark on the ribbing. The lovely yarn is from Kristine at A Verb for Keeping Warm. It is "Creating" in Limon, and the pictures truly don't do the color justice. At all. I love Kristine's yarns. Did I mention before that I'm going to do a design for her initial year of the Pro-Verbial Yarn Club? It's a secret which month, though. :)

Also? I got a new bag, and I am smitten with it.
I've been using a knitting bag as my carry-all and it has always bothered me that it isn't leather. I do so love leather. Love the smell of it and the feel of it. If I could sniff leather, silk, new books and warm California evening all the time, I'd be very very happy.

So I went looking for a leather bag, and found this great deal at Overstock.com! I love the color. It is super bright and happy. The bag has tons of space. I can fit several projects. And? It smells like leather. :happysigh:

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

Blogger The Sexy Knitter said...

Ohhh, I would also be a very happy girl if I could go about smelling all those things! What a happy thought that is! Beautiful bag!

4:46 AM  
Blogger Jeanne said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE that bag! Turquoise is my favorite color for accessories!

4:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the gold-lined beads with the green. I never would have thought to do that, but I love it. =)

5:09 AM  
Blogger Laurie said...

The green mitt is gorgeous...as is the leather bag. Oh my...does it come in red? I think you're becoming my fashion mentor. ;-)

9:36 AM  
Blogger Yarnhog said...

Wow, wow, wow!

I love leather, too, no matter how some folks may object to it. I figure, it's a byproduct of beef, which is going to get eaten anyway.

Gorgeous bag!

12:09 PM  
Blogger Yoga Knitdra said...

I'm constantly caught between the PVC vs Leather debate from a yogic 'ahimsa/non-harming' point of view. I agree, the smell of leather is delightful and given the recent destruction we've seen oil and by virtue all its by-products eg PVC do environmentally, I wonder if the basic premise of sticking to natural products is the way to go?

6:14 PM  
Blogger JelliDonut said...

Gahhhh! Do NOT tempt me with handbags. They are a major weakness for me. Love the mitts too.

8:28 PM  
Anonymous Pam T. said...

OMG, the Limon yarn is gorgeous with the beads. Love the color!

Also love your new bag. I can get into so much trouble on Overstock. Ordered 3 large contemporary runners 2 wks. ago & paid $1.00 to ship. Ya can't beat that!

4:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home