31 August 2010

Energy, I haz it

7 Small Shawls: T - 122 days and counting down.

I am starting to get things accomplished again, thank the FSM!

My Maia fingerless mitts have been test knitted by round one, and I've just finished editing the pattern. I got out the big guns today to check the chart (yes - I was a little brain dead, why do you ask?). Out came the worsted weight and the big needles because, really? Who wants to experiment on teensy tiny needles? Not me.
So I knitted the top of a mitt for the Jolly Green Giant. Now it's time to ask beg my friend A to take a look over the pattern. I need a fresh set of eyes!

And guess what, dear readers?! The Maia Mitts will be out this week!

Before I run off to knit, I have a hypothetical question. What would happen if, by chance, you knocked over your super glue, didn't notice it, and it leaked slowly out all over your straight edge? And then, days later, you picked it up, wondered what that gel was covering everything and rubbed it between your fingers before swearing like a sailor and trying to wash it off?
Yes. That's what.

Labels:

9 Comments:

Blogger cdoertel said...

Oh been there done that, the only way to get it off is a nail file and rub over the glue till you hit skin, have to be careful not to file you skin off as well! LOL

6:02 AM  
Blogger Kelly said...

Acetone nail polish remover will take it off :)

7:23 AM  
Blogger kaykatrn said...

Ooops! Looking forward to the Maia glove (or mitts, I guess). I know just who needs them! My 3rd Christmas project, coming up!

My darling SIL is not allowed near super glue. It was one thing gluing fingers together, but the line got drawn the day she glued an eye shut!!

10:41 AM  
Blogger kaykatrn said...

BTW--congrats on the Brandywine donations!!

10:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah, put on some gloves, looks like you're got a nice manicure, and grab some acetone nail polish remover. the non-acetone might work, but it's a long shot. it's much less painful and time consuming than filing. :o)

2:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OUCH! It's bad enough that playing with yarn sucks the moisture out of our hands/fingers. Guess you could say you're living on the edge. Get it? Straight edge? Oy!

Can't wait to see the mitts.

Laurie (Moo!)

2:46 PM  
Blogger Fellmama said...

I once superglued my watch to my wrist.

Loooooong story.

11:31 AM  
Blogger Lisa Kay said...

Good heavens, you have beautiful fingernails!

3:41 PM  
Anonymous Kate said...

Oh dear.

6:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home