27 August 2010

Back in the land of the living

7 Small Shawls: T - 126 days and counting down.

Exhausted. But back. :) Overcome in the past week:

- 1 deadline knit
- 1 dental emergency
- 4 wholesale orders
- surprise guests
- major house and yard cleaning, and I mean Major
- 15 loads of laundry
- cleaning out of remaining household items from mother, aunt, uncle and grandmother
- 2 patterns written
- deadline knit begun
- another 2 deadline knits added

Then there was the usual day to day answering of pattern questions, making pins for retail orders and working on 7 Small Shawls stuff (Maia mitts are almost ready to be released).

And for the past couple of days? I slept. A lot. But there was still stuff to do, so don't worry. I'm not getting lazy. ;)

I discovered a Very Cool Thing while searching for storage options. Meet my stash's new best friends.
They're called bongo bags and they are teh awesome. And I mean Awe. Some. I have my downstairs stash in them, as well as some shipping supplies. They fold down into flat little circles in case I ever actually use up my stash without replacing it with more, and they pop up into these fabulous denim cylinders. They're classified as baby supplies. But hey! I've been known to be childish, so I'm okay with that. :) I have yarn and some cloves, bay leaves and lavender in them because I've been seeing m*ths fluttering around. I'm hoping they are merely pantry m*ths, which suck, but don't suck as much as wool m*ths. Just to be safe, the yarn is all in plastic bags inside the bongo bags. Yes, I may be a little paranoid, but as my grandmother used to say: "Even paranoids have m*ths enemies."

And have I ever mentioned how great Amazon Prime is if you live out in the middle of nowhere? One of the best investments ever.

Oh. Hey. My next secret project is waiting.
Later! :)

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

Blogger JelliDonut said...

We don't seem to have too much trouble with the M word around here--too dry I suppose. LOVE those bags and seriously want some. Glad you got some rest. Sounds like you really needed it.

6:47 PM  
Anonymous twinsetellen said...

You sure got a lot done while absent from the land of the living. Good on ya!

Good luck with the M-s. I can't even bring myself to say it.

8:04 PM  
Blogger Theresa said...

Holy smokes, that was a lot of stuff to be done! Welcome back, though. :)

9:56 PM  
Blogger FuguesStateKnits said...

Hope the dental emergency is better now. Stuff like that can hang you up big time - I know, unfortunately!

1:32 AM  
Blogger Judy S. said...

Wow, I got tired just reading the list!

8:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love those denim bags! And I've had those darn pantry moths - they get into anything, including yarn! I'm thinking of getting a freezer just for my stash......

4:03 AM  
Blogger MaryjoO said...

my first question was ... oh, could "bugs" get in those bongo bags LOL but then you go on to say your yarn is in plastic bags...

Anyway, they look great! I am pathologically crazy about my stash because I live in a "one story" house where small bugs can run around during the spring/rainy season and also spend a lot of time in a mountain place where there are a lot of moths. So I have plastic bags, tubs, and Irish spring (I've finally gotten used to the smell).

10:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home