25 July 2010

Take it easy

7 Small Shawls: T - 162 days and counting down.

I've been trying to rest my poor fried brain a little bit this weekend. I'm happy to report that it's working. I feel almost human again! :)

I did do some knitting today on my Maia mitts, and I started a thumb.
Since they're top down, the thumb gets knitted on. But I didn't think about this until I had done the ribbing and was down to the thumb. See what I mean about a fried brain?! It's a good thing I had more than one pair of US 1 dpns. :) I knitted the thumb from the the other end of the ball, but the finished pattern will be different, and, erm, more logically planned out. I'm finishing one mitt and then checking myself on the second. Then it's off to my test knitters!

For those of you who asked, the yarn I'm using is from Lucy Neatby in the Sugar Maple colorway. Its quite pretty in person too!

Meanwhile, I'm working on the edging for my starry shawl, although I think I've ripped more than I've knit. Some times are like that.

I'm trying to turn over a new leaf this coming week. Up early in the morning and to bed early. Wish me luck! I'm such a night owl! This may not work....

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger JelliDonut said...

I've gone through patches where I got up early and went to be early, but I always seem to slowly but surely gravitate back to late/sort of late. I suppose if I were consistent, it would stick. Can't wait for the new patterns!

9:56 AM  
Blogger Laurie said...

Such a CUTE little thumblet! LOL! I am the proverbial, terrifying, annoying, wakes up at dawn singing kind of gal, but my husband is a night owl like you, so I can sympathize with your plight.

8:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home