14 July 2010

Something's gotta give

7 Small Shawls: T - 170 days and counting down.

The great thing about thinking in terms of songs is that it's easier to title posts. Hee. :)

But really, something did give. I am feeling a bit overwhelmed right now. Actually, I'm kind of blithering. I had entered projects at the county fair, and that was the first thing that went. Even though most everything was done (except for Spinner's Challenge - and that was a non-starter), the problem was that my shawls would have had to be re-blocked. Pieces were due today and I made the executive decision to blow it off completely. No time, you see, and little inclination to rush around like a madwoman trying to block everything! Unless I can learn to wrinkle time (did any of you read that amazing book? A Wrinkle in Time? Love!), I will probably need to say no a little more often.

But I digress. I blew off the fair, and then I had to triage my projects. Away went one that was just too much. It was one of those things that might have been fun if I had a little extra time, but I knew it would turn out to be a disproportionate amount of work for the pay. And it was a very short fuse. So I had to be brutally honest with myself. I hate doing that.

In other news, my new shoes came, and I love them! They are the best of both worlds; two of my very favorite shoes combined.
Cowboy boot clogs! Awe. Some. (ETA: I got them on sale here.)

And how is knitting going, you ask? This is as far as I got on the Maia fingerless mitts today.
The provisional portion of my very very favorite sock and mitt cast on. The design has gelled in my mind - I often daydream designs while I'm hammering out shawl pins. And I made a lot of pins today.

Tomorrow, the first stage of my club shipment goes out, along with a bunch of pin orders, both retail and wholesale.

And now I must must be off to give the bunnies their evening treats (and get a few nose rubs in return) and then it's off to bed with me! Nighty night!!!

Labels: ,

12 Comments:

Blogger Syd said...

OMG! I love, love, LOVE those clogs!! Please tell me where you got them and who made them...that is exactly what I have been looking for for work! Love the toes are not too pointy!!

And yea, saying no can be so big, never easy but very freeing! I think I have a harder time saying no to my fiber projects then to any thing/one else!

5:36 AM  
Anonymous HasmiF said...

I live in my cowboy boots. I love those - what are they? Nice cast on too!

6:24 AM  
Blogger Laurie said...

OMgosh...I LOVE those shoes!!! They would be perfect for me, too.

Glad you've made some space for yourself. It's hard saying "no" sometimes, but in the end, almost always a huge relief. I had to do that with singing this year.

7:06 AM  
Anonymous Debbie said...

Love your new shoes!

7:24 AM  
Blogger JelliDonut said...

Those clogs would kick ASS here in Colorado. Darn you Romi! It's actually not a long drive to the Cheyenne Sierra Trading Post outlet. If I end up with these clogs I'm soooo blaming you!

And good on you for knowing when to say when and not causing yourself more stress. That's the best skill for a busy person to have.

8:29 AM  
Blogger YuLian said...

Aah, a Wrinkle in Time. Possibly one of the best books EVER. I must go read it again. I love Madeline L'Engle...

8:44 AM  
Blogger snowangel said...

A common AA saying is "Let Go, Let God." I prefer "let go or get dragged." Congrats on saying NO to some of your overcommitments.

10:29 AM  
Blogger gotsteele said...

Learning to say no is an underrated pleasure.

Love the shoes, sadly they don't come in my size.

10:58 AM  
Blogger Turtle said...

love the shoes! I so tried to talk hubby into the sierra trading post the other day as we were driving by, bummer!!

11:07 AM  
Blogger Rudee said...

I knew before I looked...Ariat. Gorgeous! I had a hankering to take out my Fryes after looking at those. The hankering was satisfied, but only because without doing that, I was fearful I'd press the purchase button.

And yes, I adored, A Wrinkle in TIme.

11:17 AM  
Blogger Yarnhog said...

I loved A Wrinkle in Time--every time I read it! I also love the rest of the books in the series, and most of her other books. I couldn't get Older Son interested in that series, but you've just reminded me that Younger Son hasn't tried them yet and might just love them, too. :)

11:36 AM  
Blogger Monika said...

Cool clogs! Being able to say NO is important too!

4:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home