12 July 2010

Peachy

7 Small Shawls: T - 174 days and counting down. (Yikes the time is moving fast!)

Thank you all so much for your kind thoughts and notes about my mother. I know a lot of you have had similar experiences, and I so appreciate your sharing them with me!

This weekend was pretty much a continuation of the past week. I covered my wound:
And lots of knitting on my secret project continued. It's almost finished. Thank heavens it is, because I'm sending out my pins & lace club packets this week (and I still have bunches of wholesale orders to catch up on). I have a guest designer for my club's summer shawl: the lovely and very talented Miriam Felton!

All this knitting time on a secret project, and the only thing I really want to be doing is my patterns for the eBook challenge. :sigh: It's hanging out there like a carrot on a stick. Dessert after liver and onions and Brussels sprouts.

Speaking of desserts....high on the list of the reasons I love living here: Dry Creek Peach and Produce.
zOMG, incredible peaches - all ripened on the tree and picked by hand. We went for the first time this year. It's only over the hill, less than three miles away, but somehow we hadn't gotten there yet. Well, today we made up for it with some white peaches (my favorite and the Bear's).
And some yellow peaches (Mr. Romi's and #1 Son's favorite).
We gorged ourselves. After all, peach season only comes once a year. :)

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Laurie said...

OMgosh...look at those peaches...yum!

Saturday night, I got out some heavy worsted wool and started swatching...30 minutes later, knitting injury - my fingers peel when I knit with coarse wool. Ick. Must remember bandaids!

6:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wound coverage photo - LOL!

Those peaches look juicy and delicious! Emeril has a fantastic peach muffin recipe, if they last that long.

7:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nomnomnom... Now I'm hungry for some peaches.

10:10 AM  
Blogger Laura Sue said...

There's a town off the interstate in South Carolina whose water tower is a giant peach. Makes me lol everytime I see it.

12:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're killing me! I work every damn weekend....I see they're in WF in Petaluma so I'm heading over there pronto. I love those white peaches with a strange fuzzy passion. Thanks for the heads up!

8:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home