03 July 2010

Mmmmmmmmmink

7 Small Shawls: T - 182 days and counting down.

Look what came today!
It's mink/cashmere yarn from Great Northern Yarns. I'm really itching to use it. But I'm restraining myself. (But it's really beckoning to me.) I absolutely have to get my work done first. (But I want to pet it!) But I can't. (But it's soooooo pretty!) I need to finish my secret project. (But it would only take a moment!) No, no no!!!

This has been going on all day. So far, I've been strong. But it's supposed to bloom with knitting, so I'm weakening. I so want to see it get all furry and fuzzy!

Another fun little item from the mail is Mary Thomas' Knitting Book.
It's been around forever, I know, but I had never actually seen a copy. Then I kept reading people's comments that it was one of their favorite books, so I thought I'd try it. I can see why so many people love this book! It's packed with tons of info. I highly recommend it.

Then there's this incredible little gem.
It is absolutely worth its weight in gold. Perhaps more. I was lucky enough to snag a copy at elann.com. The prices on Amazon are horrific! It's an amazingly complete book, although some rarer phrases are missing. I was able to figure out a German pattern, though, with my limited German and the book. It was a great investment!

Well, back to the salt mines with me. I'm going to steal a little pet though, from my mink yarn. And a little peek at my beaded shawl #3, waiting patiently for me.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger rosalia said...

Congratulations!
When somebody find a treasure like these enjoy with. The yarn looks very pretty, I love this colour.
The book really seems a great treasure found.
Rosalia

12:08 AM  
Blogger Laurie said...

Beautiful yarn...but sadly, I'm allergic to mink. At least I was when I was a child and a family friend gave my mother scraps from a mink coat she had to have shortened and told her to make mink stoles for my Barbie dolls. They were lovely, lined in pale yellow brocade, but...achoo and wheeze...didn't last more than a few days.

8:52 AM  
Blogger Mindy said...

Do a little bit of work. As a reward go pet your yarn. Repeat. It's the best thing if you can't knit it right away.

11:20 AM  
Blogger Knitting Diva said...

Such beautiful yarn....keep it on the top of your favorite knitting bag while working( or should I say completing) a current project. That way it's close to you, you can pick it up for a quick "pet" :))or just look at it'sthom yumminess!

8:49 PM  
Anonymous AlisonH said...

I bought some of that, when there were just a few colors. I've been letting it marinate, trying to figure out what it wants to be.

That deep rose is gorgeous.

10:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home