23 July 2010

Life in a northern town

7 Small Shawls: T - 164 days and counting down.

It's been a long long week. But it ended with one of our most favorite things: a mini swim meet: "The Summer Racing Series" put on by our team. This year, we invited another local team to join us and it was a blast. Low key, friendly and supportive. Perfect for a Friday.

Other than that, I've been trying to catch up this week, doing a lot of these:
and these.
Did you happen to see my new shawl? It's a kit from Classic Elite, including a pattern, shawl pin and alpaca sock yarn! There's a small picture on their site:
It was a fun shawl to design and knit and it was the secret shawl I mentioned when I began my 7 Small Shawls project! Since it's on their site, I'm thinking it's ok to talk about it now. :)

Off to bed for me. I'm doing something novel and getting to sleep before 1:30. Hee. Mr. Romi is getting up tomorrow early to take #1 Son to Saturday morning swim practice. I'm so lucky to have a wonderful husband who is a morning person!

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Jeanne said...

Another pretty shawl! Thanks for letting us in on all of your secrets as they become available!

6:25 AM  
Anonymous Pam in Santa Rosa said...

No wonder you've been so busy "doing a lot of these and these ..."

Not one but two very lovely Classic Elite kits with pins by the one and only Romi! And, your lace shawl design is gorgeous, of course. What a nice gift idea (a "To me" gift idea)!

3:44 PM  
Blogger Laurie said...

Such beautiful work. I'm adding the kit to my holiday list (sending hubby the linky!).

Life In a Northern Town...now I have a serious earworm, but it's a good one. I love that song. :-)

8:07 AM  
Anonymous twinsetellen said...

hah! I can look at a post with new jewelry and not feel lust because my dear daughter presented me with a Design by Romi shawl pin for my birthday, just days ago!

(The new ones are lovely, too, but a shawl pin in the hand is worth two in the blog!)

7:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home