06 July 2010

Freak Out!

7 Small Shawls: T - 179 days and counting down.

Le Freak, c'est Chic.

Going through my mind as I completely lose said mind. Nothing is cooperating. The sekrit project yarn is splitting, the pattern is not quite right, Mr. Romi's project is taking longer than expected, the kids are fighting and not doing their work, and drama abounds at Chez Romi among the younger set. I find myself sitting there with my shoulders up around my ears. Relax, I tell myself. Those shoulder pains are not a heart attack-ack-ack-ack-ack-ack. Is it a bad sign that I think in 70s music when I'm stressed?

I had a great post for today about "killing" your yarn when blocking a shawl. But it seems to have succumbed to the general wackiness around here. Or maybe my computer did. At any rate, it's gone. And I'll have to re-do it tomorrow because it's not gonna happen tonight!

Back to work for me.

Labels:

11 Comments:

Blogger JelliDonut said...

I've had those days. Fortunately, they always pass and become a dim memory.

10:09 PM  
Blogger Ariane said...

Lol!
Freak out!
Le freak (I always heard:) c'est chic!

3:20 AM  
Blogger Laurie said...

Just remember...roller skates, roller skates... Oh, no...wait...that was a different Chic song. Hope today is better for you - Good Times! :-)

7:16 AM  
Blogger sophanne said...

I've got nothing- except

S-A-T-UR-D-A-Y NIGHT! (repeat as needed)

and Romi, don't be a hero.

I guess I backed it up a decade or so-

9:42 AM  
Blogger Turtle said...

lol at the 70's reference, scarier even is i know what song your referencing!!!

4:35 PM  
Blogger Diana said...

I suggest a change of pace. Go with the BeeGees (still 70s) and try, "Stayin' Alive!"

7:25 PM  
Anonymous Kay Verge said...

Sometimes the storms are to renew things, sometimes they just happen for the heck of the destruction; but they will always pass.

And now I'm going to go hunt that song down so I can stop humming it!

8:03 PM  
Anonymous Saffron Dyeworks said...

The first song is Le Freak and the second is Billy Joel Moving Out. :) Yay! I want that pattern.

2:08 PM  
Blogger robin54 said...

movin' on (anthony's song) by billy joel - tee hee

1:15 PM  
Blogger Cori said...

Man, I haven't thought of that song by Billy Joel in ages! Movin' out (if that's movin' up then I'm movin' out...). And I am loving the new shawl patterns!! Thanks so much for sharing your talent!

7:45 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Okay, I think I've gathered that the more obvious reference (to some) was "Freak Out." I thought Billy Joel's was the obvious, but then again I have that on cassette tape and know it well.... :-)

8:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home