27 July 2010

Dirty laundry

7 Small Shawls: T - 160 days and counting down.

We're digging out of a huge pile of it here. But I'm too embarrassed to show you any pics! So it's back to the Maia fingerless mitts I'm knitting. I love how this one stands straight up!
I've made some progress, even though I've been working on other projects as well.
You can see the beginning of the patterning here.
The yarn is really lovely, but it's fairly variegated, so the pattern doesn't pop as much as I like. I think it's ok, but I will probably re-knit these later on in a solid or semi solid color. Or maybe I'll beg my friend A to knit them up when she gets back from Oregon. :D This one will only be available in the 7 Small Shawls eBook, not as a single pattern.

Ann asked about the cast-on used...it's a tubular cast-on. I will show a tutorial for it when I start the second one! It's my absolute favorite for socks, mitts, and hats because of the great finished look and the stretchiness.

My resolution to get to bed early and get up early is already toast. I am such a night owl! I work much better when it's late rather than early. For instance, right now it's 10:50 pm and I am full of energy! :sigh: I'm going to keep trying, though, because everyone else here is a morning person. Wish me luck, please!!!

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Anonymous MelThomas said...

Oooh the Mitts look great! If you need a test knitter for them I could help you out. :-)

6:39 AM  
Blogger JelliDonut said...

Tubular cast-on is great! Can't wait to see the whole mitt.

7:08 AM  
Blogger Turtle said...

nice, love the color and design!

8:11 AM  
Anonymous Laurie (Moo!) said...

Great mitt progress! DH is a night owl and, even when he has to get up at 4am for work, I still can't get him to get to sleep before midnight! I'm totally ruined, as a former morning person. LOL

12:21 PM  
Blogger Monika said...

I'm totally a morning person, and everybody else in the family are night owls. It annoys me that I've been up for hours, and they are just crawling out of bed, when I'm already tired and ready for my first break. :o)

5:42 PM  
Blogger Laurie said...

Love the mitts! :-)

7:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home