18 July 2010

Breakfast in America

7 Small Shawls: T - 166 days and counting down.

And dinner. But first breakfast: blueberry pancakes cooked by #1 Son. Yum!
And for dinner? (Yes - we totally skipped lunch!) Seafood paella made by Mr. Romi. It's been forever since we've had one of these and it was a huge treat!
And guess what else I did today? Swatch swatch swatch on shawl #3 of my eBook subscription (if you haven't seen it yet, here are shawls #1 and #2)! I got to break out this gorgeous yarn from Saffron Dyeworks again. I was so happy. :) It was my treat today!
I used my favorite method: swatching on the actual shawl itself. No matter how much I swatch up front, it never looks quite the same when I get there, so I love knitting part of the shawl and then working a few stitches back and forth like this. In this case, it still needs to be tweaked a bit, but I'm loving it!

Well, off to work on a pattern write-up! I've been neglecting my duties. ;)

Labels: ,


Blogger Tiny Tyrant said...

A song reference I finally get. ;-)

LOVE Super Tramp

8:38 PM  
Blogger Allison said...

Uh-Oh! I have a feeling I'm going to LOVE #3!

8:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Supertramp rocks!! Their 'Paris' album is one of the better live albums recorded. Some of the songs sound better than the studio version.

Shawl is looking fabu....


9:36 PM  
Blogger Heatherly said...

and the blue is the most amazing and perfect colour!
can't wait to see it all done

11:38 PM  
Blogger Ann said...

Beautiful stitches on shawl #3!
Looking forward to it.

11:52 PM  
Blogger norabrown said...

We almost always eat only 2 meals on Sunday. Late breakfast, early dinner. How nice that the men fixed the meals for you.

Shawl #3 is looking gorgeous. I've got my yarn and I'm waiting patiently. It's not like I don't have anything else to knit in the meantime.

5:02 AM  
Blogger Laurie said...

Loving the song title references! Oh, and the shawl - especially that bluey/purpley yarn. :-)

It's always nice when other people cook. :-)

8:41 AM  
Blogger momsue84 said...

Gorgeous!!! Love those beads, too!

12:13 PM  
Blogger Monika said...

Oh this swatch looks lovely. I like the star motiv! So pretty!

5:33 PM  
Anonymous Melodie said...

Shawl #3 is looking gorgeous! Just finished Maia and am looking foward to this next one.

6:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home