18 July 2010

Breakfast in America

7 Small Shawls: T - 166 days and counting down.

And dinner. But first breakfast: blueberry pancakes cooked by #1 Son. Yum!
And for dinner? (Yes - we totally skipped lunch!) Seafood paella made by Mr. Romi. It's been forever since we've had one of these and it was a huge treat!
And guess what else I did today? Swatch swatch swatch on shawl #3 of my eBook subscription (if you haven't seen it yet, here are shawls #1 and #2)! I got to break out this gorgeous yarn from Saffron Dyeworks again. I was so happy. :) It was my treat today!
I used my favorite method: swatching on the actual shawl itself. No matter how much I swatch up front, it never looks quite the same when I get there, so I love knitting part of the shawl and then working a few stitches back and forth like this. In this case, it still needs to be tweaked a bit, but I'm loving it!

Well, off to work on a pattern write-up! I've been neglecting my duties. ;)

Labels: ,

10 Comments:

Blogger Tiny Tyrant said...

A song reference I finally get. ;-)

LOVE Super Tramp

8:38 PM  
Blogger Allison said...

Uh-Oh! I have a feeling I'm going to LOVE #3!

8:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Supertramp rocks!! Their 'Paris' album is one of the better live albums recorded. Some of the songs sound better than the studio version.

Shawl is looking fabu....


Ba

9:36 PM  
Blogger Heather said...

recipes?
and the blue is the most amazing and perfect colour!
can't wait to see it all done

11:38 PM  
Blogger Ann said...

Beautiful stitches on shawl #3!
Looking forward to it.

11:52 PM  
Blogger norabrown said...

We almost always eat only 2 meals on Sunday. Late breakfast, early dinner. How nice that the men fixed the meals for you.

Shawl #3 is looking gorgeous. I've got my yarn and I'm waiting patiently. It's not like I don't have anything else to knit in the meantime.

5:02 AM  
Blogger Laurie said...

Loving the song title references! Oh, and the shawl - especially that bluey/purpley yarn. :-)

It's always nice when other people cook. :-)

8:41 AM  
Blogger momsue84 said...

Gorgeous!!! Love those beads, too!

12:13 PM  
Blogger Monika said...

Oh this swatch looks lovely. I like the star motiv! So pretty!

5:33 PM  
Anonymous Melodie said...

Shawl #3 is looking gorgeous! Just finished Maia and am looking foward to this next one.

6:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home