05 July 2010

Brainless? That's me.

7 Small Shawls: T - 180 days and counting down.

I'm still knitting away on that secret project. It's looking pretty, but it is slooooow going. Meanwhile, I needed something brainless, and even though I am completely in love with shawl #3 of the Small Shawls book, I've had to put it down. No brain power, you see. None at all.

So I thought I'd get started on one of the extra projects that will only be available in the eBook! I've started swatching fingerless gloves. Maia fingerless gloves.
In sock yarn, of course. :) This is the Sugar Maple colorway from Lucy Neatby, sent to me by a dear friend. It's knitting up beautifully!
I actually had some time off this past weekend; we all went to a lovely party at a friend's house yesterday, and then off to watch the fireworks. This year we weren't feeling up to the crush of people, so we went off to a local mountain and watched two displays at once. It was fun seeing them from a different vantage point! And Saturday, I got to see my knitting friends. :) Otherwise, it's been work work work on my secret project and wholesale pin orders. Speaking of which...back to my stealth knitting! I'm too brainless to make sense anyway. ;)

Labels:

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Romi, I love the Maia fingerless gloves!

: D

- Denise (aka dlotter on ravelry & twitter)

10:11 PM  
Blogger Camilla said...

Maia fingerless gloves, yey!

3:08 AM  
Blogger Ariane said...

This yarn is marvelous!!

3:36 AM  
Blogger Mindy said...

Looking forward to the Maia fingerless gloves!

5:53 AM  
Blogger Laurie said...

Hmmm...I'll need to get more of the Maia yarn so I can make matching gloves... :-)

6:08 AM  
Anonymous SockPixie said...

Yummy color and yummy lace work!

7:09 AM  
Blogger Turtle said...

i adore fingerless gloves! Great colorway! off to post my maia pic!

7:15 AM  
Blogger Theresa said...

Very pretty, and I love the color!

7:58 AM  
Blogger Yarnhog said...

I am unfamiliar with a world in which designing fingerless lace gloves is "brainless." Where is it and who is your leader?

2:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those are going to be gorgeous! I can't wait to get the pattern. :-)

4:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home