13 June 2010

Where did it go?

7 Small Shawls: T - 202 days and counting down.

The weekend, that is. It's gone too soon! Swim meets tend to do that, though. #1 Son continued to get his confidence back today. I've been telling him to hold himself like a champion and to be gracious no matter how he feels he did. He had been acting out his dejection after not living up to what he (and we) knew he could do. And you know what? It is absolutely working! He is beginning to live it again. He carries himself proudly. I can't tell you how happy I am to see him be his old cocky self! Now to get the Bear working again. I think he feels that having talent means not having to work! But he is, after all, only 7. :)

After the meet today we were all exhausted. The temp was almost 100 and a lot of the parents were walking down the ramp into the pool to get feet wet (me too!). We'd all get well and truly splashed by the kids, who were always glad to help, and then back out to poolside to fry again! I'm never jealous of the kids in the winter, but in the summer? You bet! I'm green with envy!

We stopped by Baskin Robbins on the way home for a well-deserved treat, and then back to the house for a little nap and a movie. Aaaaah! AC is making all the difference right now!

I knitted on a stealth project again today. It's taking much longer than anticipated, which is annoying me. I need to get started on my next stealth project and small shawl #3!

I'm stuck on the shaping for the next small shawl, so I broke out some lace books for inspiration.
I've been turning it over and over in my mind (making me lose my place on the stealth project - argh!) I think I may have to move on to another idea for now, but we'll see! I really want all the projects in my eBook to be easily scalable, hence the shaping indecision. Hmmmmmmm. More later....

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Laurie said...

Romi, I didn't know you were in my closet/knitting library... LOL! I have ALL of those books!

9:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home