22 June 2010

What a difference a day makes

7 Small Shawls: T - 193 days and counting down.

Thanks to all of you who sent encouragement! Today I've been feeling much better. I made a to-do list and crossed 6 items off. They weren't huge, but they did include secret project #1. I am so happy to have that gone gone gone! I am feeling a great sense of accomplishment, even though the large items all still remain! I did make a start on a couple though. Whew.

I continue to be absolutely smitten with my yarn and bead combination for shawl number 3 (yet to be named). The color in this post is much more accurate, although still not quite as stunning as in person!
I keep stopping and staring at it, turning it over slowly so the beads will catch the light just so.
The yarn is Enya sock from Saffron Dyeworks in the New Moon colorway. In my opinion, having seen them both, the color is every bit as saturated and delicious as the famous Wollmeise sock yarns. Delectable.
And although I love green with a passion, I have to admit that my very favorite color is the deep greenish teal (there! green again!) that the sky turns in the west as twilight fades to dark in the summertime. This yarn has streaks of the exact perfect color. I don't know how she captured it!

(In this picture you can see the coil-less safety pin I added to keep track of the correct side.)
And the beads. The beads are just sparkly enough, but not too sparkly. :happysigh: I love it when things come together properly. :)

Oh, hey! I promised a sketch of the shape, didn't I?
It wraps nicely around your shoulders!

In other news, #1 Son thanks you for your kind birthday wishes. Yesterday was lovely for him, full of reading, swimming, and cupcakes.
Perfect!

Labels: , , ,

12 Comments:

Blogger Skylark said...

Sprinkles for the birthday boy and sprinkles of beads for us. Nice, very nice!

9:35 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

I just loooove the color of that shawl. Sighs. I can't see myself buying a specific yarn OR stringing beads, but who knows....

9:58 PM  
Blogger Theresa said...

What a lovely color, and the beads are perfect with it. I noticed Saffron at Stitches, I think, and escaped with my wallet intact purely because we were on our way out.

10:09 PM  
Blogger Anita Figueras said...

Yesterday was a shrink-the-to-do-list day for me, too, though I don't think that sending out financial statements to insurance companies can compare to working on a secret knitting project.

The color of the new shawl is luscious!

4:37 AM  
Blogger Laurie said...

So glad your son had a nice birthday!

LOVE that bluey/tealy yarn with the beads. This one will be fun!

6:31 AM  
Blogger Lorraine said...

Rosemary- I love your yarn and beads, almost as much as you do!

6:35 AM  
Blogger Turtle said...

gorgeous ro! Can't wait to cast onto maia today. Mom left from her visit so i can concentrate! smile

7:58 AM  
Blogger JelliDonut said...

Belated birthday wishes to your son. I've been under the weather.

Love the new mystery shawl. Those colors make me swoon!

9:07 AM  
Blogger Tiny Tyrant said...

May I suggest Alcyone or Halcyone since that is the water related sister?

It's beautiful.

1:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

it is GORGEOUS! I love the color. I think I may have to purchase that yarn just to do this shawl!!!

6:35 PM  
Anonymous twinsetellen said...

Reading, swimming, cupcakes...and knitting. Now that's a perfect birthday!

8:04 PM  
Anonymous Madeline said...

I'm glad today is better. Normally I'm not crazy about garter stitch, but this one is spectacular -- the color, the beads, the line of it!

8:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home