30 June 2010

One swatch , two swatch

7 Small Shawls: T - 185 days and counting down.

Knitting continues on the sekrit project. Slowly. Because the yarn is splitty. I mean really. I've only ripped this part out 20 times. I should have at least another 20 to go before the yarn splits. Right? ;)

Meanwhile, with my hands on auto-pilot, I am dreaming up the rest of the beaded beauty - #3 shawl. It needs to be starry, of course, and I've been looking around for starry looking stitches. I like to start with a stitch dictionary and then modify the stitch to make it exactly what I want. I came across this:
and this.
I'm going through permutations in my mind while listening to Lady Gaga. (I know; I have eclectic taste, to say the least. Other artists on this play list: Lynyrd Skynyrd, Band of Horses, Roy Orbison, Eagles, R.E.M., James Taylor, The Cure...you get the idea. My favs.)

The stitch pattern will, of course, be beaded. And I'm working on the exact transition to the lace from the beaded garter stitch. I really want to be finished with my stealth knitting and on to shawl #3! It's calling to me, and every time I take my stealth project out, it peers up at me accusingly from the depths of my knitting bag.

Cool news today: another sekrit project is coming my way! This promises to be a super fun one. :) My favorite thing about stealth knitting? Using yarns that I wouldn't otherwise try and loving them!

I'm off to get Maia ready for release!

Labels:

8 Comments:

Blogger Peg (mayounger on Ravelry) said...

I'm not clear how to get the 7 shawls patterns as I don't have an e-reader.

10:30 PM  
Blogger Jeanne said...

Hey Romi, I got the same beads that you used for shawl #3 yesterday from Fire Mountain Gems and they are actually MORE beautiful in real life than your pictures. Couldn't be happier!

4:48 AM  
Blogger CraftNinja said...

I'm eagerly awaiting the Maia release. (Allegations that I broke my yarn diet to buy yarn for Maia will be denied, whether they are true or not)

For the new pattern, you might want to check on this Ravelry thread, which talks about different ways of doing that stitch pattern. There was some confusion about how it should be accomplished when the Evenstar knitalong first started!

http://www.ravelry.com/discuss/evenstar-mystery-shawl-kal/1008517/1-25#1

4:52 AM  
Blogger Laurie said...

Interesting playlist...can't wait to see the shawl that springs from it. ;-)

6:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ohhh! Those stitch patterns are so alluring...I can't wait to see how you make them your own. :)

9:07 AM  
Anonymous Madeline said...

I love the first pattern! It's clever.

4:35 PM  
Blogger Anita Figueras said...

Hmmmm. I have a skein of Dream in Color Starry in purples with a silver thread, and I THOUGHT I was going to use that to make Maia. But now you are designing a shawl with a starry motif using beads, so maybe Starry will have to be reassigned. Decisions, decisions (made easier by the fact I have other projects on the needles thus am unable to start any shawl just yet).

7:02 AM  
Blogger Camilla said...

I love the first one, it's from Haapsalu sall isn't it? I used it as an edging for a stockinette shawl and would love for it to be in design #3, it's gorgeous!

11:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home