28 June 2010

Feeling hot hot hot!

7 Small Shawls: T - 187 days and counting down.

I am feeling very very fortunate about now, to have air conditioning. Especially since it's still fairly warm outside. Even at 11:30 at night.

Today, I've been playing catch-up and kid wrangling mostly. It's been one of those days when there's so much to do that I tend just to stare at it all and not actually do anything. This, of course, is not helpful. So I did the only thing a fiber enthusiast in my position would do: I got out some yarnz and petted them. Aaaaah. Much better. :) Along the way, I realized that I only have 4 more shawls to do for my eBook, but I have more yarn than a hyperactive squirrel has nuts at the end of summer. Here I've been seriously wanting to make a dent in the sock yarn stash, but, um, failing rather miserably. I did narrow down the last four yarns I will be using for the main attractions in my book. I split them into two color groups: Non-green:
And green:
Yes - you do indeed see five yarns, and not four. That is because one shawl will be striped! Green stripes to be exact. :)

In other news, I did a special order the other day for a woman who has two ballet dancing daughters. Pointe shoe pins.
Aren't they cute? I can almost see them on her girls!

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Theresa said...

Those pins are lovely! (And so are the yarns, but that goes without saying. :) )

6:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those yarns = beautiful shawls... =]

6:50 AM  
Blogger Laurie said...

Love the little toe shoe pins! Oh, and that yellow yarn, too. I'm not a big fan of yellow, but that is lovely.

The heat has temporarily broken here in Ohio, and I'm hoping for some actual outdoor time this week, before it gets hot again just in time for the holiday weekend. Yes...a/c is a true blessing. :-)

7:35 AM  
Anonymous Lynne said...

The Pins are really sweet and I knew you could'nt resist the GREEN! I'm sorry Rosemary it must be in our (your) blood!

5:54 PM  
Blogger Ann-Marie Brown said...

The pins ARE gorgeous!!! They are even more gorgeous in person!! Thanks so much for designing them...my daughters LOVE them!!
Ann-Marie

6:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home